• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Asleep at the Wheel?

Started by Mhayes, August 26, 2009, 10:46:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glennab

Hi Christine!

Yes, I did try your suggestion to go directly from cable to modem.  Nada.  And, oh, the "spaghetti" under my desk!  No matter how I fold or wrap it, somehow it ends up tangled and covered with feline "gifts."  Yechhhh!

The thing that fractures me is that with all the information out there on the Error 404 glitch, no one seems to be able to pin it down.  At the end of the page that pops up eventually when I try to access the forum there are 2 "log in" links.  Both refuse to recognize me or my password.  I may have to assume a nom de plume, find an interesting password and see if I can become a new member.  

Thanks for your suggestions.  I'm still reading! And trying to at least check in at lunch time during the week.

Hugs,

GK

Shujen, I'm NOT mad at you. Broken-hearted and feeling horribly rejected but NOT MAD!  (Kidding!)

Athol, your story takes the cake.  I just hate to think of the cost of the cartridges and shipping!
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

schen

Glenna, Thanks for the forgiveness.  Please rejoin us with your alter ego and see we can identify it.

Athol,  my Wacom tablet is not working well lately.  I suspect I am about to run out of ink.  Could you tell me where to buy the refill?
Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

Tess (Tassie D)

Yes we are in a safe area here Margie, though its only a bit above sea level lol. We have had gale force front after front come through this month and yesterday was the first day for 26 days without rain. They are talking weeks before the flood watches are removed. :(
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

G3User

So Tess, you are the one who stole all our rain. Or perhaps it is just because you are nearly at the bottom of the world and you know what water does. Never mind, you live in a great part of Oz, been there a few times and will be back. Stay safe.

Glenna, I am alarmed. You mention shipping. I gathered from my Ink Supplier that shipping was at cost and they were just going to pop down the road to deliver it to the ship. Now I look at a map, there are no ports in Mongolia. I think I have been got at, can anyone point me towards some anti-gullibility software :'(

Schuen, I am more than happy to let you have contact details by PM, they can supply ink for both B&W and color and even supply replacement rubbers for the eraser on the pen. Remember, they do need cash in advance but I am sure the results for you will be memorable and you 88th restore will be a gift

Good to hear that we are being productive :up:.

Margie, I wonder if a counter similar to the membership numbers showing how many images have been repaired each month might be interesting

Enough of this frivolity, better get back to work

Athol

schen

On the serious side, the tip of my Wacom pen is well worn by now.  I do not do much besides restoration and the slanted worn tip did not seem to make much difference so far.  Sooner or later, I have to replace it.  Does anyone have experience replacing the tip of the pen?
Shujen Chen

cmpentecost

Shujen, replacing the tip is very easy, and if your tip is worn down, putting a new one in WILL make a difference.  I just used a pliers to pull my old one out and then pushed a new one in.  Piece of cake.

My Wacom is also running low on ink, so thanks for the tips on where to find ink Athol!

Christine

schen

Thanks for the instruction Christine.  Does it matter what kind of cake I use?  How big a piece do I need?

I unscrewed the tip holder and was expecting the tip to come loose.  It did not.  I did not want to pull the tip out by force.  I was afraid that I might spill the ink all over the tablet.
Shujen Chen

cmpentecost

Shujen, chocolate cake with lots of frosting is best to have around when removing the nub from the Wacom pen.  To make sure you don't get any ink (or chocolate) on your hands during the replacement, you may want to wear gloves!   :funny:

Christine

Hannie

The Mongolian branch of Wacom are sharks, I have been given exclusive dealership rights for the inks, erasers and blotters.
Traditionally a cake is sent to the dealer before placing orders (lemon meringue please).

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

glennab

Hannie, you're priceless!  A schemer and demented, but still priceless.  (I'll send you some lemons this winter and you can make all the lemon cakes & pies you want.)

I have to admit I've enjoyed the ongoing Wacom discussion.

This will be my last post.  The cats ate my stamps.  I'll so miss you guys!

I wuv U.

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Johnboy

QuoteThis will be my last post.  The cats ate my stamps.  I'll so miss you guys!
I don't believe this for one minute Glenna. A word smith like you not posting. We would hear a big explosion from the southeast corner of the nation before that happens. Yet we could hear an explosion from there which would be you blowing up your home system.

Johnboy

Tess (Tassie D)

Glenna it doesn't work when you stick your stamps on the monitor to send an email.  >:D
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

G3User

Hannie, you have pinched my dealership. I thought better of you. I am thinking I will have to buy another packet of pins and you know what that means  :knuppel:

Glenna, I saw a site which mentioned that Safari, which I presume you are using can be fairly strict about what it will accept.
Have you tried another browser just in case? Might also be worth checking with other Mac users contacting the forum with the same browser as you to see if the version numbers are the same

Athol

Mhayes

This has been a really fun post! Hannie, I will try to hold Athol off the pins, because he seem sto have an all or none when it comes to sticking.

Athol, don't mess with me by asking to keep a tallying of how many restores we get done each month. I have one foot on the banana peel as it stands now. OK, I will give it some thought, but only after we come back from Cedar Rapids. I keep dates of when a photo goes out, but usually just checked it off when it returns. So right now, I wouldn't have my tally for the month.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

glennab

Awlright!  I found a stamp under the cushion of my chair-and-a-half!  Wouldn't stick to the screen - totally covered with cat fur, so it's taped, but it seems to be working.  Kinda difficult to see through all the tiny rectangles stuck to my monitor.  No wonder I take so darn long with my restorations!

JB, you know me too well.  On and On Anon has kicked me out, so I have to find my way to the forum soon or I'll go bonkers!

Athol, I started out using Firefox, which is supposed to be very stable.  When I began my exile from the forum I switched to Safari.  Same results.  I spent about 4 hours Tuesday evening with the techs from Bright House (my ISP), and they were great, gave me excellent information; I learned how to "ping" and found out that no one there could help me, was given 3 other phone numbers to call, got more blah blah blah on Error 404, and the opinion that it's most likely the OPR site, based on our tests.  As Iron Man says was the No. 1 exclamation when communicating across distances in VietNam, "what the F*@# – over!"

I can't use Kracken as my alias (you'll figure that one out!), so I'll need you guys to come up with something VERY LOVING to call me if I have to become a newbie again.

Hugs - and out for another day or so.

GK

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)