• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Asleep at the Wheel?

Started by Mhayes, August 26, 2009, 10:46:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mhayes

Not a peep out of any of you today. Are you all asleep at the wheel? Hannie takes off for France and GK is stuck with a jinxed computer that won't let her on. What are you guys doing?  :cool: I'm assuming that you are so busy at the computer restoring that you just don't have time for idle chat. Well lets hear the excuses and this is your chance to really excel for the best excuse of the group.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

lurch

I'm on vacation in Colorado and busy setting up my sister's new computer and I unwittingly wiped out all my email and I'm working on a laptop and . . . there must be something else I can use for an excuse :-\
<C>

Mhayes

Thanks Lurch, that is a good start! At first I read it as you were sitting on your sister's computer. Now for the next excuse, it had better be really good or so outrageous that you will get a free pass! Bring em on!

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

PatW

Umm...  Can't post now because I'm pretending that I'm still crippled by carpal tunnel syndrome.   ::)   

Ok, so it might actually be getting better. But even though the ice packs have been retired, I'm  having the tiniest difficulty shaking the paranoia that it could rear it's ugly head at any moment.  This CTS stuff really rots!   

G3User

At least I have a decent excuse

My Wacom pen has run out of ink, I have ordered some more but I think it is coming from Mongolia so it may take a little time

At least the dog is enjoying the extra walks, as for me I am soooooo frustrated  ::)

Athol

Hannie

Yes, and the train had a flat!  I have heard it all before!

Hannie
(enjoying herself a la France!)
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

schen

Since I got GK mad at me, I was afraid of saying anything.  :-X

I was working of one photo from Hannie's gallery.  I figured she would not be bringing the muck machine with her on the trip south.  The restoration was so easy that I finished it in 3 minutes.  Go on more vacations our dear distributors.   ;D
Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

lurch

<C>

glennab

Ok, Margie, here's my rap:

Not only is my link to OPR's forum mucked up, but the cats barfed all over my keyboard and shredded my last two impossible restorations.  I had to close two pubs this week (and Jan knows how much work it is cleaning up all the glasses and tables), so I be tard and cranky!

And I know more about Error 404 than I ever, ever wanted.  Also I know less than I did when I started.  Paraphrased quote: It could mean that the page can't be found at all.  But it could also mean that the page is actually there but just YOU can't find it.  Or maybe your software was updated and some old junk was left behind.  Or it could mean that your permissions have been corrupted.  Or (and here's the one that scares me), you may have been bumped off the site for misbehavior.  Heaven help me!  Most forums I've checked are populated by people just as baffled as I am.

That's it.  Gotta get back to work.

Hugs

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

cmpentecost

So Glenna, did you try the suggestion that John and I had, of connecting your computer directly to your modem, bypassing the router?

Nice to see you online once in awhile though!

Chris

Tess (Tassie D)

My excuse is I'm busy building a boat which we will need soon if this flooding doesn't quit.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Mhayes

You guys are very creative!  :loveit:

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Tess (Tassie D)

Who said I was kidding? BTW the photo of the 2 kids in kayaks was taken at the caravan park we stayed at 2 months ago.

http://www.examiner.com.au/slideshowplayer.aspx?id=7970
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Atlantis

While you were sleeping or creating all sorts of excuses I was doing what I signed up for and finished restore # 50  :cool:
The only way to get better is to figure out what I did wrong.

Mhayes

Hi Everyone,

I was hoping for more tall tales, but those who gave it their best shot---Kudos! People with a sense of humor rank high on my list. Some who responded poked fun at themselves, but gave a hint of the truth. PatW really is suffering from carpal tunnel syndrome, GK makes light of her battle to get access to the forum from home, but is becoming less amused everyday. Shujen, who made me laugh yesterday on his request for a photo:" . . . all I can do this week are the super easy ones. Please don't muck it up." Athol, I love your sense of humor (but not the needles) and your tale of the Wacom running out of ink was hilarious!

Atlantis, congratulations on your 50th restore.  :up: Congratulations also going to Shujen for restore 67, Lurch at 47, and Athol at 45 and GK at 28, but helping on getting 150+ wedding photos QC'd. Last but not least, what would I do without Hannie and Tess who take their laptops with them on vacation to keep things running smooth and still find the time to restore photos.

I looked at the video that Tess posted and it will give you a chills. Tess, I hope you are on high ground and in no danger of being flooded? I hope the rains stop soon.

Thanks everyone for a fun post!

Margie

Correction: Shujen has 87 restores.  :up: :up:
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]