• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Advice needed

Started by havril, August 11, 2006, 05:54:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

havril

Hi All

I have found this one a difficult one.Any advice especially on the women's dress?

Before
http://i8.tinypic.com/24d1p9k.jpg

After
http://i8.tinypic.com/24d1tar.jpg

Harvey

cmpentecost

Hi Harvey,

I think you did a good job on the woman's dress, especially with the amount of damage.

If I may suggest, I would change the background color to more of a "black and white", or sepia, since the photo seems to have a sepia/black and white coloring to it.  Also, the man's head looks to be a bit more egg shaped.  I keep the original damaged picture up on the screen while working on the restoration, so I can always keep the "original" in mind as I'm working on it.  I know you only asked on the dress, but just wanted to pass this along.

With that being said, I think you've done a great job so far on a very difficult photo! I have a similar picture of my great grandfather, which I cherish.

Christine

klassylady25

I think you might want to think about the dress having a waist. even if she is a big woman, most clothes did during that time did.   She's built like my Grammy

milanab

older dresses like that sort of draped on the front espec. on a bigger lady( i am one- so i can say that) definite need of a waist line or shadowed part , but remember she isn't barbie and doesn't have good foundation garmets most likely. i will look for an example of what i mean and most likely waht klassylady was suggesting. somehow the faces have lost some of the depth and realism though not sure how to remedy that....maybe layers that every one does...but don't ask me i don't know how to do them sorry.  black and white would be good, bring it back into the photographic realm rather than the drawing look...but you are off to a great start.
without faith...there is no hope

milanab

not the clearest shot but see how the shadows and waist line appear...something along that line would finish her dress nicely
without faith...there is no hope

klassylady25

That's a good representation of the style of dress I was thinking about.   That would round things off well, don't you think?

Ziaphra

To me it looks like they are sitting as there is the top of a wooden chair poking up over his shoulder in the original. ;)