• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

i need help :-)

Started by nirc2, August 11, 2006, 04:23:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nirc2

im working on this photo:

and i have some problems with the girl's hair... any advice?

glennab

Hi!

My suggestion would be to select the strip of photo that's washed out, feather it a little, and try levels, curves or whatever controls you're comfortable with to bring the intensity as close to the rest of the photo as possible.  Another option is to copy the area to a different layer and try layer effects.  See what happens if you copy that strip with a slight feather to a new layer and set it to multiply.  It may bring out too much damage -- but it's worth a try.  You can do that several times if necessary.  Opacity controls on the layers can be invaluable to get where you want to be if you use the multiply function.

Good luck!

GG
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

nirc2

ah.. those were my first ideas :-)

and then i found out that these colours only look similiar in our mind... when they are actually from different family of colours...

Peter_AUS

Look in the individual channels and see if one of the channels contains more information than the others and rebuild the channel.

Have a look http://www.digitalretouch.org/ and look at chapter 6 of PhotoshopCS it explains it a bit in there, but is covered in chapter 7 as well.  A good book to read and use as a reference.
Regards,

Peter

glennab

Hi!

I went to Katrin's website per your suggestion and discovered a blurb about OPR and a link to the Nation Press Photographers' Assoc. web site, on which there's a wonderful writeup on Becky, Dave and OPR.  Check it out!

GG

P.S.  I've mentioned this in other parts of the forum, but I want to reiterate that Katrin Eismann's book is invaluable.  I have the first one, and am going to get version 3, since it's for the more current software.  Obviously, her web site is a treasure trove of information!
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)