• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Are they what I think they are?

Started by schen, August 16, 2009, 05:54:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

schen

A few teardrop shape dark spots are obviously some sort of damages.  I am wondering whether the remaining dark spots on the street were damages or natural byproduct of the horses.

Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

Hannie

Shujen, sometimes when I'm not sure if a dark spot is damage I take a look at the R, G en B channels.  Often when it is damage it shows up as the same dark spot in every channel.
From what I can see here it doesn't look like the dark spots are meadow muffins.  ::)

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Mhayes

Shujen, thanks for the laugh of the day! How about a compromise, the two big ones can go and the small ones can stay?  :cool:

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

schen

Margie, I am glad I can provide you the laugh of the day.  I will do it anytime.   :funny:

There was a reason I believe those dark spots on the pavement were natural.  The pavement looks like worn brick pavement and the dark spots were all at the worn joints.  I assume if they were natural drops, they would tend to fall into the valleys.

Am I making any sense?
Shujen Chen

kiska

Looks like poop to me..........seein' as I'm a champion pooper scooper.
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Tori803

My first thought was 'Who needs pasture biscuits in a photo?' But maybe they provided a laugh to the family of the photo too!
Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

Mhayes

Sorry, but I refuse to conduct a poll on this one!  :funny:

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

G3User

Makes you glad we are not doing Thai restorations, they use elephants   :wow:

Hannie

Quote from: G3User on August 18, 2009, 01:51:49 AM
Makes you glad we are not doing Thai restorations, they use elephants   :wow:

At least than we wouldn't have to guess!   ::)

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

schen

This photo is for the historic society.  I think it is important to keep the spots if they were there when the photo was taken.  I remember reading about the automobile a century ago.  One of the advantages lauded at its introduction was the cleanness of the street.  When I was a little kid, we lived near a trucking company that was using oxen to pull the carts.  I had to dodge the cow pies walking to school.  Then there came the diesel engines that cleaned up the street but polluted the air.

I think I will do one with a little lower contrast on the foreground.
Shujen Chen

glennab

Shujen, I think we ARE looking at cow pies and cupcakes.  As you said, since the photo is from the historical foundation, it would seem to me they should be left in.  I think the damage is pretty obvious, and you've eliminated that and left the "by-products."  FWIW!

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)