• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

What do your eyes see?

Started by Atlantis, August 14, 2009, 06:10:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atlantis

In photo's like this it's sometimes hard to determine if something is damage or part of the object - like in the marble pilar and the plantarrangement.
I also wonder what the light object in the upper left corner might be.

The only way to get better is to figure out what I did wrong.

Charlene5

I can't tell but I have a suggestion.  One of my favorite tricks for finding missing things or identifying oddities is inverting the picture.  By turning the lights dark and the darks light it sometimes gives a whole new view. 

Are there any other pictures that include what's in this view? 

MJ
Photoshop CS5
Alienware M17X
Dying Brain Cells

Mhayes

I'm looking through the other GHF photos to see if there is another photo you might use as a reference.  I have also sent an email to the GHF for some help and will let you know as soon as I get an answer. I don't think it looks like damage.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

schen

My eyes see the marble post or faux marble post on the right, the windows on the upper left corner.
Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

Mhayes

QuoteHi Margie- 

The bright object in the upper left corner is the mirror in the room on the other side of the house, with a vase sitting on the pedestal (now empty in the attached photo).  This picture was taken from the front hallway, which has the elaborate parquet floor.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks to everyone at OPR for your amazing help.

Brian

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Atlantis

Inverting the photo is a brilliant idea. I saw I need to somehow recreate some leaves in the plantarrangement ... this will take a little more time as I don't consider a painter. And the museumphoto helped as well. Thank you.

I'm off for another interesting event this afternoon :D : historical ships and 19th century re-enactors in the city plus some ships passing through on their way to DelfSail.
The only way to get better is to figure out what I did wrong.