• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Summerholidays

Started by Atlantis, July 28, 2009, 04:39:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atlantis

It's that time of year again. I'll be out to visit a dancefestival the rest of the week.
I did hope to finish the map of Istrië before I left but I was out and about a lot the past weeks as well.
The only way to get better is to figure out what I did wrong.

Hannie

Atlantis, I'd love to be doing a bit of a hop myself, sounds like fun!

Have a great time and looking forward to the Istria map restore,

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Atlantis

It's this festival : http://www.sivo.nl/, you could come over on saturday, many "westerns" do. If you do, let me know (my parents have internet but no photo-editing programs) we could have a minimeet   :cool:
I had a look at http://www.buienradar.nl, and discovered the predicted rain will fall halfway my route just before I leave home  :up2:

Hannie

Atlantis, I forgot to mention that unfortunately my hopping days are over!  I have taught classical ballet and modern dance but that was in the deep dark past, lol!
It looks like a great event with all those different nationalities (12 so far) and different dancing styles.

Hope the rain will hold for you,

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Atlantis

The rain went on and off, good days alternated with wet days but they had enough covered stages for the adjusted rainschedules.
I hardly hop on festivals like this, I come to enjoy the dancers & musicians and dream of the days gone by when I was able to match their skills halfway  ;)
I managed to get a fair share of decent shots, one needs to make sure to find a good spot every show which is close to impossible in the big tent but easier when choosing your outdoor stages wisely.
Two collages :

some more dancepics : http://secretatlantis.smugmug.com/Dance

Tomorrow we celebrate my mothers birthday plus my brother & wife who live in the USA will be visiting as well. So the restoring has to wait a few more days.

Mhayes

Atlantis, these are beautiful!!! Everyone, be sure and click on the her gallery link for more pictures. I love the colors and you have a great eye for catching the spirit of the event. When I worked in San Antonio, TX, I loved going to their yearly folk festival. Unfortunately it was held during the hotest time of the year and I often wondered how the dancers escaped having a heat stroke. Besides the dancing, native cuisine was offered and I was in pig heaven! Thanks for sharing.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Deborahjc

Atlantis,

You really have an artists eye.  These are wonderful!  The color and movement are captured so well I felt like I was there.  Thanks for sharing them! :wnw:

Deb

Hannie

Wow Atlantis, those are some amazing shots!

I really enjoyed looking at the photos in your gallery, thanks for sharing them with us.

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Atlantis

Thank you all. I learned when taking pics of dancers it does help to be one myself. It's easier to "predict" what will come next and thus anticipate on interesting poses. Another help is the DSLR, much faster than the point and shoot I used a few years ago.