• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Status Quo

Started by Mhayes, July 26, 2009, 09:50:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mhayes

Thanks GK!  :cool:

I was wondering today if you were able to get on the Forum from home and now I know. Any chance you could post your problem to the NAPP forum or to a Mac site to see what could be causing your problem?

I heard the replay of the broadcast, but was curious on the live broadcast whether Shawn showed our website or not. While I talked to him, I got the impression that he was checking out different areas on our site?

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

glennab

Hi Margie

I also got the impression that while you were being interviewed Shawn was looking at OPR's site.  Seems that I remember his commenting on the amazing work he saw. Is there usually visual as well as audible data when he's on?  I'll try to find time to check out the site.  I'd think it would be worthwhile for us Mac aficionados.

I'm still trying to find some logic in my inability to get on the forum.  I think it has to do with my browsers (I have both Firefox and Safari).  Safari updated several times in the last few months, and I'm wondering if something was switched on or off.  Still doesn't make a lot of sense, because I didn't touch Safari until I started having the forum problems.  I may dump both and re-install just Firefox.

I'm trying to be positive about it.  You guys don't have to put up with my constant blah-blah-blah, and I'm actually getting work done on the "impossibles" I so brilliantly chose as my next projects.  Just beware!  I'm saving up, so once I'm back up and running, there may be a "data-dump!"

Cheers!

GK

What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

cmpentecost

Hey Glenna,

I had a problem like that once before as well, where I could not log onto the OPR website.  Turns out I had to reset my modem.  There should be a little button on your modem, which you can push in using a ball point pen, and hold it for 10 seconds.  Even unplugging your modem for 10 minutes and then plugging it back in and turning your computer back on may help.  Or, if all else fails, call your internet provider for customer service.  Good luck!

Chris

Mhayes

GK,

Hope Christine's suggestions will help and you can get back on the forum from home.

Only on the nights that Shawn has a live broadcast do you get to see dafter that only audio recording.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

glennab

Hi Chris, Margie and my other very-much-missed OPR-sters,

I spent most of yesterday trying everything I could think of.  Still haven't been able to get on the forum, so I just now read Chris' post.  I did disconnect my cable, but I wonder if I should do it for more than just a few seconds.  I upgraded both Firefox and Safari to the absolute most current versions, cleaned caches, deleted personal data, ran Cocktail (again!).  I've been thinking about upgrading from Tiger to Leopard (MAC OS), but I don't think that'll help, since Lon's PC is doing the same thing.  That would tell me that your idea of unplugging the cable box for 10 minutes or so might be the solution, Chris.  I'm going to try that tonight.  If you see fireworks and hear loud cheering from the Southeast some time after 6pm, you'll know I finally figured it out.

If you see blue smoke from the Southeast starting about 6pm this evening, know that I'll be on the forum at lunchtime tom'w whining for any other suggestions.  It takes so long to go to the browser sites and check out their FAQs that I've hesitated to do that. I know one of you geniuses will help me figure it out.  What an ornery siege!

Thanks for the great suggestions, and wish me luck!

Hugs,

GK

P.S. If this gives anyone a clue, I can access the web site and every area EXCEPT the forum.  When I go to the bottom of the error page (error 404 which supposedly means there's no page!????) and try to log in that way, my user name and password are not accepted. I've been using the same ones for 3 years.
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Hannie

Glenna, I agree with Chris that you should call your provider (unless the reset does the trick) and tell them that you cannot open the forum page from your or Lon's computer, quite sure they can help you fix it.

Good luck,

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

cmpentecost

Glenna, do you have a router in your house?  That could also be the problem.  Levon and I had similar problems in the spring, and we ended up getting a new router and then, doing the software updates on the router.  If you have a router, you might also try resetting that, with pushing in that tiny button with a pen tip.  Your internet provider should be able to read your modem info, so if all else fails, call the provider.  Good luck!

Chris

hoodman3

Glenna,

When I can't fix a computer problem I go to this site and post a thread and I've had pretty good luck. http://forums.techguy.org/

Good Luck,
Pete
Windows XP, CS3