• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

WhiteL_19_5x7 comments please

Started by TerryB, July 24, 2009, 09:26:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TerryB

The background has me baffled; don't know whether to obscure it attempt to salvage it...whew! :huh:
Comments/suggestions gratefully appreciated.

Confidence is the feeling you have before you understand the situation.

Mhayes

Terry, great job on the three guys! I would take what you have done and try to bring more of the original background in. I would not take the three out of their background and put on a flat gray background. One reason is that it makes the contrast between the guys and the background too stark and gives them a cookie cut out look. Even though the background is really messed up, I think you will have enough info to hint at what is behind them. (1) I would start with the center guy and above his head looks like a wall with trim running alond side. You only have a small triangle of good wall, but start building that up to show behind the two guys on your left. You will have hints of chairs in the background and trim that meets the floor. In your restore you have a hint of the floor showing and by finishing what is behind, you can tie it all together. The one thing I cannot figure out is what is behind the guy's head on your far left. It isn't the chair and I don't think it is a person behind him. (2) In the center behind the middle guy, you  have what looks like a doorway with some paneling behind. This should be the easiest to bring back and will help soften the 3rd guy's hair to the background. (3) On your far right will be mainly guess work. You can see where the wall is and below that is guess work. Try patching up the damage and then blur that area.

Great job of restoring the checkered suit and bringing his arm back!

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Hi Terry,

Beautiful job  so far!  I agree with Margie on the background.
It is possible perhaps to restore the background as much as you can and then do a new layer with a Gaussian blur (1,4%) and a hide all layer mask, paint over the background (on layer mask) with the white brush to soften/blur the background a little.  You can vary the opacity of your brush/layer for the best results.
This way you don't have to worry too much about (lost) detail in that area?

:up:

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

TerryB

Thank you fora the input ladies.
Please give me a reading on this:

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Mhayes

And the winner is <drum roll> . . . Looks Great!

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

TerryB

Thankew!
Thankew!
Thankew! :loveit:

It's on the way to Tess after adding a little noise and converting to sRGB.

Tori803

Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge