• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Map of Italy from 1938

Started by Atlantis, July 12, 2009, 09:36:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atlantis

This one looked so much like a simple colouringbook using the magic wand & paintbucket for a fast & easy fix.  It turned out it wasn't like that at all - of course - and I ended up tracing the fonts & other details and refining masks on adjustmentlayers with 2-4px wide brushes after the initial colourcorrecting and moldattack using the patchtool. Having the map hit by lots of flashlight on the right was an extra challenge.
At one point my hubby suggested I might as well be repainting the whole thing, or should have bought the family a brandnew one  ... it would have been faster  ;)

(edited because it seems that the pic was not showing for everybody)

On the other map of the same family - and yes I have not forgotten about the couple on the couch, I'm still working on them as well.
The past weeks have been filled with unexpected projects, deadlines and trips. Especially the annual visit of Belarussian children was both a lot of fun and timeconsuming for I went along on several of their trips and we did a "Supermodels"fotoshoot - http://secretatlantis.smugmug.com/Private/794506 -  (pm me if you're interested in the outcome - their albums on my smugmug are passwordprotected)

The only way to get better is to figure out what I did wrong.