• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Congrats Pat Wendt

Started by Mhayes, June 30, 2009, 10:15:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mhayes

Congratulations to Pat Wendt for her version of Stonehenge showing in Photoshop User magazine: NAPP Photshop Design Showcase.  Pat, I love the last line under your creation: ". . . but occasionally her sense of whimsy overcomes her." That is an understatement!

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Tori803

Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

PatW

Aw Gee... (digs toe in dirt) Thank you.  (Like REALLY thank you!  :loveit:)

We've been up in the Black Hills of South Dakota taking our first vacation in more than five years. It was such a lovely break that I've decided, all things considered, I'd just as soon not wait another five years to do such a daring thing again.

This thread was a Boffo surprise to come home to.  Thank you very much!   The Photoshop User thing was as unexpected as it was undeserved, but hopefully they won't come to their senses and take it back.   

Regrettably, reality now raises it's ugly head.... Translation: I've been perusing  the galleries trying to get my nerve up to jump...in other words; "YIKES!"  :wow:

(P.S. For those who aren't familiar with the term "Boffo", it means Stellar, Stupendous, Way better than Great!)

Hannie

Hi Pat,

Thanks for the Boffo explanation, great to learn new expressions!

(How come your birthday is not on my calendar?)

Glad to hear you had such a nice trip and as to the contents of the galleries, you will be pleasantly surprised when you visit mine!   :halo:

Happy Birthday to you Pat!

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

PatW

Quote from: Hannie on July 06, 2009, 06:48:03 AM
Hi Pat,

Glad to hear you had such a nice trip and as to the contents of the galleries, you will be pleasantly surprised when you visit mine!   :halo:

Hmmm.... why is it that whenever our Gallery Boss's are at their sweetest, I sense danger?   I'll be tip-toeing through your gallery tonight when I get home from work.  :)

Thank you for the early birthday wishes.  The next candle will be added to the conflagration on September 12th.  If I'm lucky, no one will call the Fire Marshall... ::)

Hannie

September 12, no wonder I couldn't find it in our calendar! (I really do think I need glasses)
Well, I still hope you had a great day Pat, even if it wasn't your birthday...  ::)

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Mhayes

Pat, when did you sense danger? Was it the sugar coating the nice photos in Hannie's gallery or was it the Birthday wish 2 months early?  :funny:

Be brave, remember you did a great job on the little boy in the red car. Besides, when thrown from a horse, you climb back on. We are here to dust you off and get you back on. I love this job!

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

PatW

Oh Hannie, 

:'(   Can you ever forgive me?  I just asked for a photo in Tess's gallery.  (Hangs head, looks miserable)  The choices in your gallery were too far above my skill level (Wrings little hands in despair.) I'll get better.... really I will... someday I'll be ready for the big time!

In all seriousness, or at least a reasonable facsimile thereof, the easy ones in your gallery really are too difficult for weasel girl.  The photo I asked for will also be a stretch, but it is an olde sepia tone & I've not tried that before.

Gulp... I hope this doesn't mean I won't be getting that greeting on my birthday (Stifles a sob.)

glennab

Hi Pat

I finally took the time to unwrap my latest Photoshop User so I could see your featured image.  Great stuff.  And congratulations on the exposure! Quite an accomplishment to be published in that magazine.  The best of the best.  

So you got sucked in by the latest bait-and-switch conspiracy of the "Damsels of Doom?"  Does any of us have a brain cell? I suspect I'll still be slogging through my monsters on your birthday.  We can compare notes!

Kudos again for the publication of your work.

Hugs

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

PatW

Thank you GK!!!  I'm still shaking my head in amazement that it happened & still wondering why.  The whole experience has been pretty amazing & I still find myself giggling with happiness when no one is looking.

Quote from: glennab on July 07, 2009, 08:58:39 AM

So you got sucked in by the latest bait-and-switch conspiracy of the "Damsels of Doom?"  Does any of us have a brain cell? I suspect I'll still be slogging through my monsters on your birthday.  We can compare notes!

Aaaargh!  You know, I thought Tess's invite was awfully cheerful....  I've been had again, haven't I...   Just took another look at it....  Aaaargh!  (It bears repeating.)

Tess (Tassie D)

Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

PatW