• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

I could fiddle forever . . .

Started by lurch, June 08, 2009, 10:15:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lurch

but have to stop sometime. Unless someone has a really insightful comment, this one is done.

Original is in the What about the Baby thread. And why I posted this in the easy section Idon't know!
<C>

Mhayes

Lurch,

I think you have done a great job on this one! The only thing that I would have changed would have been to have shown more of the doll's head that the baby is holding. Right now you removed the head part. In the beginning you went with either a long blanket or a long dress, but now it is short and flipped up?

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

lurch

Margie,

The more I looked at the image the more I was convinced that the "doll's head" was damage, as was the "blanket". I looked up a few pictures of babies from that era, and used the dress from one of them as a model. One thing I did do, after seeing this version on the forum, was to emphasize the tallest girl a tad since she was looking a bit ghostly - told you I could fiddle forever ::) NOW they're ready to go home. I'll send in both a black and white (which would be true to what the original was in the beginning) and an aged-paper version.
<C>

Mhayes

Lurch,

I think your fiddling days are over. I'm good on your final and the sepia version really looks great!

Thanks,

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]