• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

How's the color?

Started by Tori803, June 09, 2009, 10:56:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tori803

Before I get too far into this, how's the color correction? I adjusted each rgb channel in levels and used the auto feature in curves.

Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

GP

Tori,

it looks good to me as a start. You are very brave to tackle this one and I wonder what you will come up with to repair thew suroundings of the lovely lady.

I am currently working on a portrait of a boy, that is missing the lower third due to the same kind of damage sen on this photo. There is nothing left in any of the channels.

Good luck Tori!  :up2:

Gerlinde
PS CS5, PSE9, XP, Windows 7 -64bit

Mhayes

Oh my, is this another one from Hannie's leftover sale?  ;D Tori I think your color correction is good and keep us posted as this looks like another fun one. I'm beginning to wonder if we should be bringing in mental health counselors to help all of you working on these.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Tori, I almost darenot reply, being responsible for placing this monster in your gallery!

The color correction looks good,
What would you say if you cropped this photo so it will have the same dimensions but rotated 90 degrees?

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Tori803

Margie,
  I expect to start losing marbles when I start working on the dress :)

Hannie,
  If none of my ideas work for the background, I'll be delighted to use your suggestion!

I'll keep you posted.

Tori
Tori

lurch

Tori, go with Hannie's crop suggestion. There are too many restorations to do to beat yourself up on this one. The blue channel has some dress and chair detail that could help with the cropped version. The rest of the original would be pure imagination.

The skin color looks good, maybe a touch too much yellow - will probably need tweaking at the end anyway.
<C>

Tori803

Thanks, Lurch. Having tried a few things I have to agree - cropping is the only way to go!
Tori