• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

W1K Restoration Contest

Started by hoodman3, May 15, 2009, 08:38:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hoodman3

Windows XP, CS3

schen

I wonder any one of them is acceptable by the criteria of OPR official handbook  :huh:
Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

Mhayes

Don't get wise, Shujen!  ;D If I had a photo like that and got the restore back looking like the first one shown, you would have a free pass for the year. Except for the trees and sky, the photo stayed true to the original. Thanks Pete for sharing.

I'm beginning to think that some of our photos in the galleries are too easy and perhaps need to be redone with more missing parts.  >:D

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Atlantis

It's contests like that that showed me the way to OPR so why not post  info on OPR at worth again. It might attract new members or "revive" some of the longtime members.

The only way to get better is to figure out what I did wrong.

schen

Sorry, Margie.  It was the slanted pickup truck, the tractor and the mansion in some of the photos in the post that got me thinking about "restoration".
Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

TerryB

Quote from: MarCat on May 16, 2009, 01:59:35 AM

I'm beginning to think that some of our photos in the galleries are too easy and perhaps need to be redone with more missing parts.  >:D

Margie

Please save the ones with textured patterns, globs of sand, wabbits, yellow streaks and mildew measles for me.  The restos with missing parts are too easy to present a challenge.
Confidence is the feeling you have before you understand the situation.

Tori803

I'm impressed that so much of the re-created backgrounds look natural, but the differences in the restored face demonstrates the hazards of making up a face.

Tori
Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

Mhayes

Whoops Shujen, I should have looked past the 1st page!

Terry, ask and you shall receive!

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Mhayes

I wonder what all of you would think of doing something similar to their contest, but it would have to be a donated photo from one of you, not one from the OPR gallery?

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]