• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

how do i get a pic?

Started by Crab Daddy, May 10, 2009, 10:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crab Daddy

first, HAPPY MOTHERS DAY to all moms, i hope you have a wonderful day.
now on to the meat and potatoes of this, i went to margies gallery and saw a pic i would like to wtry and work on ahowever after signing in it wont allow me to download the image, what am i doing wrong? thanks

Mhayes

Dino,

When you were signed up, I sent you a welcome letter with a short PDF attached. This is like the Official OPR Handbook that you see on your left hand side of the forum (must be sign in). However, this is shorter and it shows the revisions that Photoshelter has made to their site. I know you want to skip to the chase first, but this PDF is simply screen shots showing how to work the gallery. I will send it to you again this morning.

Here is a brief description:
1.  Stay in one gallery at a time--saves the distributors confusion
2.  When you see a photo you would like (pick 2, but leave a comment: 1st choice, 2nd choice)
3.  Click on the photo (might have to double click) to bring it up to a 2nd screen.
4. At the bottom of the photo, you will see comment. It is there that you will put that you would like this photo. Hit submit, also your name will auto fill for us.
5. When the distributor goes to her gallery she will see your comment.
6. If someone has already picked your photo, she will pick your 2nd choice. She will send you an invite and a link to your own gallery. You will then download to your own computer.
7. NEVER leave a comment on the lightbox part--that is carry over to what the commercial side uses.

For further instructions to uploading back, Read The Handbook.  ;)

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

schen

PICTURES IN GALLERY ARE MORE DIFFICULT THAN THEY APPEARED

The return policy is stiff and the restocking fee is high even though it is tax deductible.  ;D

But we are all here to help each other to get through all the restorations.  :loveit:
Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

glennab

Shujen, what a great way to encourage our newbies!  I couldn't have said it better myself.

I especially appreciate your incredible restraint in not mentioning the MAGICAL MUCK MACHINES and the heinous bait-and-switch techniques of our distribution coordinators!  What a guy!

Hugs

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Crab Daddy

ok i uploiaded it, now what?
LOL

Mhayes

Dino,

Give the distributor--me-- a chance to look at it and if it passes, you can choose another. Normally we try to send an email back to the volunteer within 24 hours to let you know that we received your restored photo and if it is OK or if something more needs to be done.

I have looked at your upload and you did a great job on the repair. There are a couple of things you need to do that will help:

1.  When you upload, it helps to put the name of the distributor's name on the part for brief description. Since all of the photos come back to one place in the PhotoShelter Archive, it lets us know right off who the photo belongs to.
2.  Do not add more to the ending of the extentsion than done or finished.
3.  On your photo it would help to do a simple levels adjustment layer as shown on page 16 of the OPR Handbook. This will make your photo look better. If you find it too bright, you could lower the opacity.
4. You have done a good job on the damage, but look at your photo at 100% and look for some lingering damage, such as a blue streak across the woman's nose. You may also want to tone down the blue on the man's shirt, but some of that is more shadows.
5. You have cropped in some and have kept the dimension correct, so I'm fine with what you have done.

Very good job and in great time!  :up:

Margie

PS Now you have everyone's curiosity up as to how it turned out.
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Crab Daddy

i await the bashing, bring it on. LOL

schen

Fantastic Dino.  The only thing I might do is to reduce the yellow tone on the man's right hand.
Shujen Chen

Crab Daddy

thanks for the compliment but:
QuoteThe only thing I might do is to reduce the yellow tone on the man's right hand.
how would i go about doing that?

schen

I have several methods:
1. Add a new layer over and set the blending mode to color.  Use brush tool, pick up color from the part of hand that does have yellow tint and paint over the damaged part.  Try to do this several times with different colors from different parts of the good hand.

2. Add a color balance layer with mask.  Fill the mask with solid black then brush white on mask over the area you wish to adjust the color.  After the mask is done, adjust color until the damaged area looks like the surrounding.  Re-adjust the masking area.

3. Select Channels and Blue Channel then enable the visibility of all channels (click the eye of RGB).  Use dodge tool midtone and about 5-10% exposure to paint over the yellow area.
Shujen Chen

kiska

The whole picture seems to have a yellow cast. Look at the t-shirt. This is one way to "calm" it.

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro