• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Red River

Started by Atlantis, March 28, 2009, 08:34:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atlantis

I stumbled upon this link at Worth.

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2009/03/red_river_flooding.html

Fabulous pictures of courageous people trying to prevent the river from flooding more than it already has. As said at worth by the person who posted it : It's making the bad look good.

The only way to get better is to figure out what I did wrong.

cmpentecost

Wow, those photos really tell a story.  I hope that everyone at risk of being flooded has taken ALL of their photos with them.

We have an OPR volunteer who lives in Fargo, and I wish I could remember his name right now.  He's quite the talented photographer as well.  I hope he stays safe and dry.

Christine

glennab

My best wishes go out to the people fighting the floods in North Dakota and Canada.  The photos tell me that the area is blessed with heroes (many wielding sandbags)! It's incredible to see communities come together to help each other when the worst happens.  This is another of those times when I realize that there IS hope for the human race.  Go ND!

I'm sending love and light to all in harm's way and pray for their safety.

Bless!

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Mhayes

Thanks Atlantis for posting the link. You take one look at what they are facing and you are blown away at their efforts to safe their town. There is some good news in that the weather is so cold that it is causing ice to slow the flow and may not reach the record breaking levels predicted. The sad part is seeing how many couldn't be saved.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Wow, those are some pictures Atlantis!  Really impressive, I hope those sand bags will hold out against the rising water.

Thanks for sharing,

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Candice

Thanks for the sharing!!  What a story!
Candice

hoodman3

Windows XP, CS3