• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Let's get OPR on OPRah!

Started by John, July 31, 2006, 11:52:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sonya K

I wrote in to the Oprah show the very same day that she was doing the Katrina update show.
Here's hoping that we can inundate her with enough letters that she'll be interested in our cause.
It was so sad when the people went looking through their homes and the first thing they wanted to find was their photos, only to find them destroyed.
But then to find them restored and hanging up in their bedrooms at their new house! Their faces just lit up.
I wish I could see the faces of the people that receive the photos after we've worked on them.
Her producers have got to realize the potential story this would make.

~~~~~~~~~
Sonya K

glennab

Hi!

I also wrote to Oprah, but I think the idea of sending her before and after restorations would be a most dramatic way of showcasing what we're doing.  My only concern would be the privacy of the people who are in those photos. Restoring photos for the people she featured on her show is a terrific idea.  Admin????  As if you don't have enough to deal with!

GG
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

milanab

i wrote again as well, i quoted the post from john about seeing her show and the people looking hopelessly at their pictures.  hopefully her staff will soon pass these along to her.
without faith...there is no hope

Dave

I would more  than love to send Oprah's people before and after photos. However, any email with attachments probably get immediately deleted or get stuck in a SPAM filter.
Dave Ellis
OPR Founder
[email protected]