• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Comments, please

Started by TerryB, March 21, 2009, 12:24:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TerryB

Lots of imagination used in the reconstruct areas; comments and\or suggestions gratefully appreciated.  Thanks for your help!

Confidence is the feeling you have before you understand the situation.

Johnboy

Terry,

Good job!! The suggestion I have is to either add some more vegetation or blue sky above the roof or crop a little more into it. Stopping the crop at the top of the roof line looks a little odd to me.

Are you missing the man's right arm? It looks that way to me. I know there is damage there and it is hard to see detail. Perhaps you could copy the left arm, flip it, and attach it to his right side.

You might want to burn in the front of the house a little to lessen the contrast, and put a some feeling into it.

Johnboy

Mhayes

Terry,

I think you have done a great job! When I look at the original it strikes me that this picture was either taken early morning or late afternoon and that the sun is coming from our left, which would explain how bright both the car and the house appear. The couple are turned and the man is lost in the shadows. You can't pull a "wabbit" (couldn't resist that one) out of the hat to reveal what is not there, but you can hint of a hand. You have lightened the man up, but I don't think you want to do that as it forces you to come up with details that are best left in the shadows. I have taken a screen shot to show the comparison of the man's head, which you might want to show more of his black hair. Except for filling in parts of his head and ear that are missing; I would leave his features as they are in the original. Very nice job!

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

cmpentecost

I agree with Margie.

Do you think it needs a bit of shadowing under the car?  I see the car's "step", then ground, then a black line that appears to maybe be a shadow.  My other comment is perhaps a bit of dodging and burning on the roof, to give it a more aged look.  You see some of that original discoloration on the original far left of the roof.

Amazing job on a very difficult photo.  I'm impressed with the way you "rebuilt" the house!

Christine

lurch

Terry, for the longest time I couldn't figure out what was bothering me about your beautifully reconstructed house. Then it hit - the junction between the entryway roof and the main roof!

Looked like that old auto had a great spare tire mounted on the rear. It was a shame to crop that off, but I'll admit there wasn't much to work with back there. And an idle question - or observation - I can almost see an attached garage behind the gunk at viewer right. Could it be?

And to respond to Chris' comment about the shadow - given the sun angle, it's possible for there to be a relatively sharp shadow that far under the running board. It could be a little farther forward, however.

Also, a belated Happy Birthday. Hope it was a good one. I'm pleased to see someone here who is almost as old as I am  ;)
<C>

TerryB

Let's give it another try.

Johnboy, cmpentecost and Christine: thanks for your input.

Lurch: good catch on the entryway roofline.  Something about the geometry was gnawing on my feeble brain and that was it.  THANKEW!

Margie: I think I've included everything you requested.  Let me know.

Johnboy

Terry,

I like what you did with the roof line. The rest looks good too.

Johnboy

Mhayes

Terry,

It's looking good. I really can't tell much yet on the man, because of the photo being so small on screen. Great job on putting this one back together!

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

TerryB

Hi Margie:

Got snow?

I did a bit of a clean-up on the man's face using the red channel (red was the best, for a refreshing change) and kept his skin tones/colors consistent (relative to the original) when using the lady's face as the target.  Tried levels and curves, levels seemed to do the best job.

Let me know if you want more or if I should send it back as finished.

Sorry for the delay in responding, I've been out of town for a couple'a days.

Mhayes

Hi Terry,

Got ice, but not anymore.

I wondered what happened to you and then started thinking maybe you sent this one back and I overlooked it.   ::) I think this one is ready to send home--great job!

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]