• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Legs or no legs?

Started by Tori803, March 12, 2009, 11:36:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tori803

This is the original:

This is without working on the legs:

This is with some work on the legs:

Should I leave the legs alone?

Tori
Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

Mhayes

Tori,

Definitely do the legs (had me worried when I saw the title) as the before is too dark a brown. I think what you have done looks great. The only thing and this is minor would be to darken just a little to show where the shadows are on the leg.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Tori803

I'll add some more shadows to the legs. Didn't mean to worry you with the title! I'll try to be a little clearer in the future.

Tori
Tori

Johnboy

Tori,

I agree with Margie about the legs. I am not sure how you made the change but they look a little artificial to me. You may want to tone back your change some if that is possible. I think even adding shadow will help but the highlights may look off. Could she be wearing dark hose? She looks fairly well lite and the ground around her doesn't appear to be in too deep a shadow. So therefore I am wondering how light the legs should be.

Johnboy

Tori803

Johnboy,
Although I can't tell if she is wearing tights, when I used the magnifier on my mouse to peer at the feet I discovered that she is wearing shoes. I realize the color of the legs isn't damage per se, but the very dark legs don't look right either. I'll work on it again and post it.
Tori
Tori

cmpentecost

Since she has a sweater on, maybe she is wearing dark pantyhose, which might be logical if it's colder outside.

Christine

Ausimax

I would opt for leaving the legs as they are, her clothing, including her skirt is well lit, including where it joins her legs. There is no light falloff over the length of her legs as there would be if they were shaded in relation to the rest of her body.

I'm with Chris, I think she is wearing dark tights.

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

cmpentecost

And as another note, her legs are much darker than her forearms and her face, which supports my theory of wearing dark hose.  Mind you....it's my theory!

Chris

Atlantis

I'm with Chris, the legs look hardly damaged and more naturally shaped in the original so I vote for the dark hose / pantyhose / tights or whatever you wish to call it. Only a few spots to heal, that seems to be all you need to do.
The only way to get better is to figure out what I did wrong.

Tori803

The consensus seems to be to leave the legs alone, so I'll go that route. Thanks for all the input.
Tori
Tori