• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

The Art of Patience

Started by Atlantis, March 06, 2009, 12:40:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atlantis

For weeks now I have been patiently patching pixels and very slowly I'm discovering the photo behind the mold :

And yet there is so much mold left ... I need more time to do the job carefully & prevent me from cloning out important parts and an occasional easy restore to convince me I am capable of restoring at all  :crazy: 

The only way to get better is to figure out what I did wrong.

Candice

Looking good so far.  And working on the easier in between helps with the process.   :)
Candice

lurch

Atlantis, you're making great progress. And nothing keeps one going on the bears like an occasional break for an easy one. Says she who took absolutely forever to finish up one particular hard one  :halo:
<C>

Atlantis

Many times it feels like one step forward, two steps back. I thought I was well on my way with the girls head but now I think I should keep her features in the dark. 
I feel like I'm recreating this photo literally pixel by pixel using patch, clone and colouring layer after layer, dotting away every bit of mold.
The photo being originally not the best qualitly with those deep shadows (best seen on the faces) makes it all more challenging.

Hannie

That looks great Atlantis!
I know it is an awful lot of work, this pixel by pixel method but the result sure pays off.

Thanks so much for your patience.  :up2:

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Mhayes

Atlantis, this one really looks bad when you look at it up close!  ;D I agree about keeping the girl's features in the dark. This is crazy, but when I look at the one you are restoring, it looks like a head sitting on their shoulders. Am I ready for the nut house?  :D Great job on the mold!

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Ausimax

The boy has his arm around the girls neck, makes it look strange.

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

Atlantis

I got this far today. Now I need some fresh air and run some errants.

Had the same thoughts as Max about the boy's arm at first but could not find real evidence and looking closer it seemed more of him holding his arm low behind her back.

haleygd

by the angle of his elbow I think his hand is somewhere up/on her back, she is too tall for his hand to be showing on her shoulder....
Windows 7 & CS5 Design Premium, restoration in work photos uploaded at GaryHaley.photoshop.com

Atlantis

I'm reaching the point where doing more will make things worse. I do see her hair looks like a halo now so I will darken that part. Any more pointers that may be within my humble powers? Some of the cloned areas had so much mold it looks to soft to my opion now. Maybe adding some noise will be sufficient?

Ausimax

Check the angle of his left shoulder, the only place his arm can be is around her shoulders/neck.

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

Atlantis

That makes sense Max, thank you. I interpreted that part as a mirrored hairdo. I did wonder about the larger sleeve of his left arm between them. Now that I look at it differently I see it must be her arm in the shadows.
If Tess can hold on to what I thought to be done I will work on it some more today.