• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

About time, isn't it?

Started by lurch, March 02, 2009, 11:00:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lurch

Seems like it's been ages (actually it has!) since I enlisted the eagle-eye crew to help with flags. Well, guys, I need you again. I think this one's done but it needs fresh eyes. Mine have redone too many little faces and bleached too many sailor suits. Wouldn't recognize a spot right now if it tripped me. I have this recurring nightmare now 1) that the owner's face is the one I couldn't reconstruct, and 2) that this photo could have been replaced from Navy archives, requiring no more than a simple letter from the owner. Don't want to know!

<C>

Deborahjc

Lurch,
This is an amazing restoration.   :wnw:  Wow.

The only thing I could see is in the very back row - far right.  There appears to be a floating hat with ghostly eyes below it.  If you could add just a hint of a face or head (just a fuzzy dark outline would be great) it would be a little less noticeable.   It actually appears to be that way in the original picture too so perhaps it isnt a real pick after all.

Deb

haleygd

Onlt thing I can see is the face of the guy holding the "A" flag...
Windows 7 & CS5 Design Premium, restoration in work photos uploaded at GaryHaley.photoshop.com

Hannie

Lurch, what a beautiful restore!  You may want to give the faceless man a blurry (borrowed) face?

:up2:

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

lurch

Thank you all.

Deb, I was bothered a bit by the floating hat, but chalked that one up as a photographer's goof. Who would pose a dark black man in the back row in front of dark foliage? Actually, I'm impressed that the photog got all the faces visible but two, and those two could have come out of the shadows if they chose.

Gary, you found my one unreconstructable face. Hannie's suggestion to use a borrowed, blurred one is good, and that's what I've done. It's less intrusive than the first blurred mess.

Now I've sent this puppy home, after telling myself repeatedly that I.will.not.fusswithit.any.more.
<C>

Ausimax

A marvelous job on such a difficult image Lurch.

This will win you the "Group Photo Expert" award, thereby assuring that you will be given exclusive access to all future group photos! Congratulations! :up:

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

Mhayes

Lurch, you did a wonderful job with this and the family is going to be so happy!!  :up:

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Candice

How I miss those boys in uniform!  Great job Lurch   :loveit:
Candice

Patre

Terrific work! Especially on restoring the flags and damaged uniforms and faces!

lurch

Many thanks for the compliments. I'm blushing!

And Max, any further mention of group portraits and I go into hiding.
<C>