• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Need advice

Started by Tori803, February 28, 2009, 05:01:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tori803

On this restore, I'm at the point where I need to work on the hands and face. I was thinking of fleshing out the hand on our left, then copying that, flipping it horizontally, and pasting in as the other hand. Is there a better way? And how about the face - it will need an ear. Any suggestions?

Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

Mhayes

Hi TORI803,

Looks like you picked a real fun one.  Besides missing part of the face, ear, hand, fingers, and one leg, what seems to be the problem?  ;D I think I can help you out with some of the body parts. I am going to download to your gallery some other pictures of the baby that might help. I don't have any of the same occasion as this one, so I won't be able to help with baby's outfit. Great job on getting the sofa back together with little information to go on. Later you may want to tone the white around the baby to no so white.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Tori803

Thank you! Yes, I'm planning to address the white after the damaged is covered over. I think the outfit is a separate pair of tights with a white top with red cuffs and possibly a red waist band (not sure). I'll have to experiment to see what looks most like the bit of the original that's present.
Tori

Hannie

Hi Tory,

What an amazing job you did repairing the couch, there must be a furniture maker lurking inside of you!
I think you're right about baby's top having a red waist band also.
The most important features of baby's face are still intact luckily.  You may be able to borrow for the missing parts (ear, side of face) and make the little top bunch up some around the lower part of the face?

Great job  :up2:

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Tori803

Thanks, Hannie. I see what you mean about the the top bunching a bit around the face. I think it will take a few tries to get it just right.
Tori

Tori803

The white on white in this photo is proving a bit difficult to tone down. Will this do or should I try again?
Tori

Hannie

Hi Tori,

I looks great, well done!
The only pick I have is that the baby's head seems a little detached at the neck, perhaps there could be some more of the top bunched up around baby's neck.  I feel the neck could be a little chubbier?

Sorry for the late response!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Tori803

Thank you, Hannie. After staring at a photo for a while it's hard to tell what looks real and what looks overworked. So I always appreciate another pair of eyes taking a look.
Tori