• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Inspectors wanted and appreciated

Started by schen, February 06, 2009, 05:25:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

schen

There weren't much damages on the body of the baby but the color correction was a challenge and the background of the lower half had lots of damages once the orange muck was removed.  Please give me your comments and suggestions.  Thanks.

Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

Mhayes

Wow Shujen, what a beautiful background you have on this one, NOT! I'm not sure how large this photo is, but the first thing I would do is take the ruler and straighten the photo up so that it doesn't look like the kid is going to slide off the chair.  ;D Then I would crop in close and not include the flooring. If this is a very small photo, that might not work.  I think you have done a good job on the color correcting especially for the skin color. The paneling is really ugly, but that is not your fault. Also, when I downloaded your photo, the colors were darker and richer than what are showing online.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

haleygd

I tried to make the t-shirt the white balance point. I ran a noise reduction filter to get some of the spotting out and then a despeckle for and extra boost. I completely desaturated the greens and lowered the saturation of the cyans, blues, purples, and magentas and finally tweeked the red and yellow a bit. All the circles need to be looked at.  I did a quick clone in the bottom circle but it seems to be a lot darker than originally done.
Gary

Windows 7 & CS5 Design Premium, restoration in work photos uploaded at GaryHaley.photoshop.com

schen

Marge,  It did cross my mind to straighten the image and remove the ugly background.  But the original was only 4x5.  Instead, I spent hours restoring the chair and the ugly floor.

Gary, thanks for picking out the areas that I glossed over.  I will have to work on them more.  I do not think the T-shirt was white because the shoes are whiter than the T-shirt. 

Shujen Chen

Mhayes

Shujen, I like this version a lot better, but what a shame to loose the ugly floor.  ;D I agree about the T-shirt and if you made it the white balance point, you would have blown the highlights.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Charlene5

Quote from: MarCat on February 06, 2009, 06:39:00 PM

the first thing I would do is take the ruler and straighten the photo up

OMG Margie please don't get going on the ruler again!   :crazy:
Photoshop CS5
Alienware M17X
Dying Brain Cells

Mhayes

MJ, hush! You don't know how long I have waited in the shadows hoping to use this helpful bit of advice. Just because you had a bad experience with my ruler instructions, doesn't mean the next victim, I mean volunteer, might have a glowing experience!  >:D

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

schen

Margie,

I used the ruler and straightened the image and cleaned up the background and carpet.  Hope you approve.

Shujen Chen

Charlene5

He now looks firmly seated and quite lovely!  Nice job on the background  :up:

MJ
Photoshop CS5
Alienware M17X
Dying Brain Cells

Candice

Wow, I didn't see the wall paper at all in the original. I saw wall paneling.     :D

You ought to do the other picture of this little guy:  GoffB_15_3x4.jpg

I just saw him in the gallery.   ;)
Candice

schen

I looked up the internet for the most outrageous wallpaper pattern and was waiting for Margie to scream. :mad:
Shujen Chen

Tess (Tassie D)

Quotewas waiting for Margie to scream.

:funny:
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Mhayes

I sneak out for a game of golf with the temps in the 70s and what happens when I come back? I am thinking of another use for the ruler!  :knuppel:

Shujen, you are very, very, bad! Creative, yes!  :funny:

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

cmpentecost

Love the wallpaper.  Can I order a couple of rolls??

Christine

Hannie

Vignettes and wallpaper, bad, bad Shujen!  You had us all worried for a while!
Now we are seriously going to have to think up an appropriate punishment, maybe restore every photo left in Margie's gallery?   :knuppel:

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]