• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Hi from Dallas!

Started by Wat, January 23, 2009, 03:24:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wat

Hi, my name is Wat. I'm a graphic designer and amateur photographer working in the printing industry. I have been working with photoshop since I was in high school and eventually turned it into a career.

I'm waiting for my first pick now so wish me luck.

Tess (Tassie D)

Hi Wat and welcome to the OPR forum. Good luck on your first photo and feel free to post on the forum for help if you need it.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Hannie

Welcome to the forum Wat, great to have you join us!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Mhayes

Hi Wat, welcome from Kansas! You will find your graphic design and photography skills will be a big help here. Plus, I think your will find this a fun place to be.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

weewood

Welcome aboard, Wat! I know you will enjoy it here...
David J. Davis

Windows 10 Pro, Photoshop CC 2018, Intel i7 4770K 3.5GHZ, Nivida GeForce GTX 1070

Candice

Love Field, Lemon Avenue, Maple Lawn Jr. High, TJ Rusk, Delman Theater, Turtle Creek,
and Big Tex.  Any ring a bell? 

Welcome :up2:
Candice

Charlene5

Yay!  More Texans!  We're poised to take over  ;D  Welcome, you'll like it here.

MJ
Photoshop CS5
Alienware M17X
Dying Brain Cells

Karen

Hi Wat.  Best of luck to you!  I"m new too.  I've only done two photo restorations so far.  I just started volunteering about two weeks ago.  Welcome!  Nice to see your post.

Karen

rlmichael

Hi Wat, south Florida here. Sounds like OPR has found another experienced Photoshop person. A lot of of us can use your suggestions from time to time. Glad your with us. I am new to OPR, and only working on my first restoration. I picked one in the difficult to imposable category for my first one.  It is a great learning experience, but extremely frustrating.  Good luck to you on your new adventure. Mike
Richard(Mike)Michael

TerryB

Welcome, Wat.

Coastal South Carolina here.

You'll find a terrific group of volunteers here with helpful suggestions when/if you get stuck on something. Don't be reluctant to ask for assistance.

And the tutorials in the OPR Workshop Information Exchange forum can help solve problems you didn't even know you had.

Dallas? Wasn't there formerly a professional football team in the Dallas area? ;D
Confidence is the feeling you have before you understand the situation.

glennab

Hi Wat

Welcome from another Floridian (St. Petersburg)!

We're both in the same trade, and I hope you find your background as helpful as mine's been for me. A couple of words of warning: NOTHING will prepare you for these challenges.  Even if you've done restorations in the past (I had), these will put all spare brain cells to work figuring out how to deal with the myriad forms of muck.  That said, you may also find that no matter how difficult, the restorations are totally addictive – not only because of the challenge, but because these images come from people who have faced devastation none of the rest of us can imagine.  It's a wonderful feeling to give something back to them.

Good luck with your first restoration.  We're at the ready to help if you run into anything you're not sure how to handle – and to poke at you (never your work) if we discover you have a sense of humor and can take the abuse.  I'm bruised and battered from nearly 3 years of OPR pouncing, and I love every minute of it.  Not to mention that I've been known to initiate a few frays just for fun. We work hard and have a great time.  I'm glad you've joined the crew.

Bless,

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)