• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

First posting / Bride-n-Ma

Started by agua_agua, January 21, 2009, 10:15:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

agua_agua

It's probably normal to have less hair after your first posting, right? And yet I still come back thinking I can make it better. ^-^

I think a big part of my being here is to get a push in the tush to keep going.

I'm a little frustrated with those peach curtains. I'm not sure if I can do them justice.

I'm also unhappy with the skin of my fair ladies. I realized that the tone isn't very even and has big leaps from shadow to midtone. I'm not sure if I should move forward with what I have, or go back to an earlier version and try again. Maybe I'm staring to close? :cool:

Any other comments/jokes are welcome. 

Hannie

Hi Agua,

Nice work on the repairs and colors!
Maybe this can help you out with the drapes a little?

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

glennab

Hi AA

I think you've done a fine job, especially with the color correction.  Good thing we have so many photos from this gorgeous couple, so you could get a better version of the valence.  That would have been a bear without reference.

If you're unhappy with the tone of the ladies' faces, you could select just the skin and do a layer adjustment with selective color.  I've found that just playing with the magentas, reds and yellows often helps me find a happy middle ground.

If it's any comfort, your hair will grow back (voice of experience), and it's very difficult to let a restoration go without feeling you need to do "just one more thing."  One of the bits of wisdom that comes with experience is knowing when to stop, because beyond a certain point you are at a place of diminishing returns.  Even then it's hard to let go.  I have one of those right now, and it's making me batty.  I've had to back off for a couple of days to rest the eyes and the brain.

Cheers,

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

agua_agua

Hey ladies- Thanks for the words of encouragement. I will play with the selective color this evening.  

Hannie - How do I get access to the digital valence? That would be wonderful.

Hannie

Agua, I will send you the file.

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

agua_agua

Argh. Still frustrated. Photo resoration is not my strength. I just wanted to do something nice for someone else. However, I scream too much.

Is it passable?

haleygd

Don't knock yourself so much, youve done a great job! They only get easier from here on out...

Gary
Windows 7 & CS5 Design Premium, restoration in work photos uploaded at GaryHaley.photoshop.com

schen

You did a fantastic job  :up2:

The only thing I saw is that that little lace may be damage?

Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

agua_agua

Wow. I forgt all about that lace. Ha ha. ::) That area was so damaged that, I couldn't recreate the lace. Wedding dresses are so personal that I didn't want to make something up just to fill in the space. I suppose having a missing piece is similar to redesigning the lace.

Does anyone know if there is a piece of that ornament wandering around in the other photos?

I also need to readjust the CMYK color gamut. The flowers got blown out darn it.

Mhayes

Agua, you have done a great job! I went back and looked at other photos of this dress and I do not think you are looking at lace, but rather damage. At the bottom of the gown appears to be bead work or possible eyelets in the fabric, but not in the location of your damage. I would repair that part to fit in with the folds above.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Dave

Quote from: agua_agua on February 02, 2009, 01:08:28 AM

Argh. Still frustrated. Photo resoration is not my strength. I just wanted to do something nice for someone else. However, I scream too much.

I say keep screaming, because you're doing a great job at doing something nice for someone else.

Dave
Dave Ellis
OPR Founder
[email protected]

agua_agua

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! :funny: You gave me permission to scream. Thanks.

Dave

Dave Ellis
OPR Founder
[email protected]

Johnboy

AA
Send this one home. You have done a great job. As Glenna said the hair grows back. Personally I didn't find the skin tone objectionable in your first posting when I compare it to the skin tones in the original.

Johnboy