• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Hello Everyone From Hanover, PA

Started by digitaldevo, January 20, 2009, 03:18:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

digitaldevo

Holas amigas y amigos! Just figured would say hello. I am 37yrs. old and have been using Adobe Photoshop, well, since I can not remember when, rofl. I actually even took Photoshop courses in College as well. :) I sue PS in combination with a Wacom Intuos3 tablet which is an amazing combination to say the least. I currently have CS2 but plan on upgrading here soon to the latest version. I even write action sets and scripts for PS for professional photographers and image editors, so I know PS like the back of my hand. I have only been doing restorations for a few years (3-4) and am not the greatest, but not to shabby. :).

I a disabled and got that way via a work accident. So, while it may not be a home or photos, I too know all too well just how devastating it is to lose something you care about! I lost the use of my left leg and now suffer from a disease called RSD (If you want to know more about the disease  http://www.rsdhope.org ) that i developed after having to fight the "system" in order to get the injury at work fixed, which it never did and now can not be fixed due to the RSD. I am stuck in bed alot due to the disease and I figured why not put some of that time to a good purpose since we do have a laptop as well. I only have partial usage of my hands as of late due to progression of the disease, but would still like to help others regain a little part of what they may have lost. In this way it will help me feel as though I am once again useful (only those who are crippled severely will prolly understand this statement though)! Not to mention putting a smile on another person's face is something that has always made me feel good!

So, that said, I am going to read the handbook and hopefully be able to get fixing here soon!

Jamey

Hannie

Hi Jamey and welcome from Amsterdam!

You are well on your way to being an OPR pro:  you are reading the Handbook!  Thank you so much for doing that!  ;D

All kidding aside, it is wonderful to have you join us and the best way to become an even better restorer is to pick a photo from one of our galleries, get started and post your work here so we can pick it apart!  (now I'm kidding again, folks here are really nice).

Looking forward to seeing you post soon,

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

weewood

Welcome aboard, Jamey! I'm originally from Edinboro, PA, but now live in San Jose, CA. You will really enjoy this group. Regards, David
David J. Davis

Windows 10 Pro, Photoshop CC 2018, Intel i7 4770K 3.5GHZ, Nivida GeForce GTX 1070

Ratz

Hi Jamey from Australia :up: welcome to the mad house.
Read the info on your link,what a monster disease!
Hope OPR takes your mind off it for a while.
Vicki

cmpentecost

Hi Jamey,

Welcome to OPR.  As a former distribution coordinator, we often like to make jokes and have fun with the photos in our galleries.  You will pick a photo that looks "easy", download it and suddenly, you see all the muck that did not seem significant in the original.  Hurricanes and flooding create wondrous disasters to photos, some that are not visible until you look at them closely.  OPR has a great team of volunteers that can help walk you through any disaster.  We strive to make our photos look as closely as they did to the original, so any feedback you receive is only a "2nd set of eyes" giving feedback.  It will never be criticism. 

I was a worker's comp adjuster for too many years, so am familiar with the RSD.  I have to admit that being an adjuster paid the bills, but it was never anything I truly enjoyed.    I tried to handle claims I would want mine to be handled, but it didn't always happen that way.  I hope you had good representation to help you through this ordeal.

From your credentials, you sound like a great asset to OPR.  Welcome aboard!

Christine

glennab

Hi Jamey!

Welcome from Florida.  I have to tell  you that you're beyond special to want to help others despite your physical difficulties.  I suspect you'll find that working on the restorations will be a wonderful gift you've given yourself.  I've discovered that there's something about dealing with the muck and mold that can be almost meditative and healing.  I've also realized that it can make you TOTALLY NUTS!  (Who said that?????)

With your experience and expertise, you'll be a great asset to OPR.  We need all the gurus and "eagle eyes" we can get.  And conversely, if you run into a snag, there will always be people willing to supply you with tips & tricks if you post for help. Will look forward to seeing you on the forum!

Cheers

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Mhayes

Hi Jamey,

It is great to have you join and I think you will find your spirits boosted by joining in on the forum. The downside is when you download your first photo and find that you have been tricked. But what's a few concealed spots between friends.  >:D Seriously, we are happy your are here!

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Candice

Candice