• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Hello from Massachusetts

Started by abchase, January 12, 2009, 02:56:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

abchase

I'd Just like to say hello. I'm from MA, and although am currently a student @ CDIABU, I am not a newbie to PS. I've been refinishing images for about 12 years now. I started with a (nameless) print company, in their Digital Pre-Press department. Now here I am, back at school, trying to update myself so I might make it on my own.

I will say... after reciving the email instructions, I'm still quite confused. I believe I may just need to wait a little longer, before I try to download. It's all new to me right now  :D But I'm sure I'll get there.

Dave

Abchase,

Look at the "OFFICIAL OPR HANDBOOK" link located near the top left corner of this page. It should provide the answers to most of your questions about getting started.

Dave
Dave Ellis
OPR Founder
[email protected]

Mhayes

Hi Abchase,

Welcome to the group and don't feel intimidated by the long instruction sheet that came your way. The one thing that will help the most is the PDF file (a revision for gallery selection) that came along with the instruce. Because PhotoShelter has done some revisions, this will help you by looking at the screen shots on how to maneuver through the galleries. Take your time and get comfortable with PhotoShelter's layout, because it changes every day. I'm just kidding! Like Dave said, take a look at the OPR Handbook link on your upper left hand corner and you will find instructions that will walk you through step by step. The handbook will have other helpful tips as well. Don't hesitate to ask any questions you might have on the forum. This is a fun group and you will feel more at ease  in no time.

We are happy you have joined!

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Tess (Tassie D)

Hi Abchase and welcome. Definitely check out the handbook, it's easy to follow and there are plenty of tutorials here on the forum.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

weewood

Welcome aboard, AbChase! You can make a lot of friends here and get lots of help...
David J. Davis

Windows 10 Pro, Photoshop CC 2018, Intel i7 4770K 3.5GHZ, Nivida GeForce GTX 1070

abchase

Thank you all for the support! I'm sure I'll get there soon. Looking to get to work this weekend, and can't wait!

:up2:

Hannie

Welcome from Amsterdam, Abchase!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

glennab

Hi Abchase

Welcome from sunny and very chilly (record cold – 30 degrees at night) Florida (no abuse from the snowbirds, please).

It's wonderful that you've chosen to bring your talent and experience to OPR.  I think you'll enjoy working on the restorations and interacting with the, shall we say, UNIQUE group that lurks on the forum.  Don't hesitate to post questions, restorations that are baffling you, or to pipe up and help someone who's stuck.  One of the most wonderful thing about our members is that there's always someone watching the threads to see if anyone needs help.

I'm so glad you've joined us!

Cheers,

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)