• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Hello from Auburn (Seattle's neighbor)

Started by agua_agua, January 07, 2009, 01:46:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

agua_agua

I had been working through Katrin Eismann's Restoration and Retouching Book when I found this website. The photos in the OPR gallery are much more intimidating than the photos with a written recipe from the book. I'm both excited and frightened to find out how well I can apply what I've learned. I'm keeping my fingers crossed on not having to return a photo due to ability. Only one way to learn to swim though: holding onto the edge of the pool with your left arm while paddling with your right.   ;D

Mhayes

Welcome from Kansas Agua! I found OPR the same way you did by going to Katrin's Eismann's Restoration and Retouching website for downloads to follow the book. At the time there wasn't very many photos to pick from and my choice turned out to be more than I could handle. I posted my progress (or lack of) to the forum. What started as an embarrassment ended up with lots of helpful tips. Remember we all started out as beginners and we won't throw you in the deep end just yet.  ;D

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Welcome from Amsterdam Agua!  Margie said it all, also don't worry about ever having to return a restore, it doesn't matter and you just pick another that you'll like better! 
You've come to the right place to learn more, all you have to do is post your WIP here and people will be all over you telling you how to improve your restore!  (just kidding, folks here are nice)

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

glennab

Hello, A_A, from sunny Florida,

Just paddle away, and we'll help keep you afloat!  I doubt that any of us started this mission feeling totally adequate to the task.  These "worst of the worst" are the ultimate challenge.  And even though Hannie was teasing, believe me, if you need any help, just post your work and you'll have plenty of experienced feedback.

I'm going to be posting my latest "monster" shortly, and although I've been with OPR going on 3 years, this one has about beaten me up!  Still, I love working on it!  It's like figuring out a puzzle trying to determine what the shapes are under the mud.  And when you get to the point that the pieces don't quite make sense, you can do as I will and post your Rorschach challenge, get 6 different opinions on what's "really" there, analyze the responses, pick your "final answer," finish it up and (the most wonderful part) send it back to its owner.

I sincerely hope you enjoy the process as much as I have.  I'm glad you've joined us!

Cheers,

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Tess (Tassie D)

Welcome from way down under in Australia Agua, glad you found us and hope you have fun while tearing your hair out. :)
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]