• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Go Navy

Started by Candice, January 06, 2009, 02:22:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Candice

Blue channel found most of the facial features, but as you can see there will be a great deal of work on this one. 

Anchors Away!!
Candice

lurch

Sheesh Bets - what HAVE you gotten yourself into? There's hardly even any clean uniform you can steal pieces of!

What you might try doing with this one is make a luminosity layer out of the blue channel. It'll be too dark and you'll have to fiddle with brightness and contrast, but it will virtually obliterate all that bled-through writing. Then you do the cleanup (cloning, patching, etc.) on the gray-scale luminosity layer. Just as much cleanup, but the odd colors are out of the equation. When you have the cleanup done all those color stains are the same luminosity as the good stuff around them and you can just paint them out in color mode on a blank color layer, sampling from nearby good spots. Might have to do a final color adjustment on the end result.

Good luck on this one, and when Margie says Navy, run . . .
<C>

Candice

I'm on the blue but not yet in the pink... and the rest of it  = I really appreciate your thoughts!!  Have copied the suggestions and will use them as a guide. 

Thank you Lurch! 
Bets
Candice

cmpentecost

Wow.....what a photo!  I have a few extra ounces of patience lying around here, and I'll be happy to share them with you.  I think you'll need it!  I can't wait to see the work in progress and final photo.

Some day, I hope people will learn not to write on the back of their photos with ink pens!

Good lucks Bets.  I'm sure you'll do great!

Christine

Candice

OH, you  don't know how many times I've held my hand mirror up to read the writing!  lol  But it does make it a bit of a challenge getting around the men. 

After I'm back from the day at the hospital, I work on this to help ease the mind from the days happening.  My friend is in a room now, but the journey has only begun for he and his wife.  After 66 years you're kind of use to having a leg to stand on.... Hedy is still working so I go up and visit a while, come back and check on their dogs, and come home.

Navy is my resting place.

And the powers that be, heaped enough gunk on this one to make it a real winner!!   :D :loveit:

Thanks for the encouragement Christine!!   :hug:
Candice

Candice

Sewing on the uniforms takes time!   :D  Whew!!
Candice

lurch

It's really looking good, Bets :up: Your seamstress work is great. And if you're like me you'll think very hard before taking on another group photo.
<C>

Mhayes

Bet, your seamstress work is coming along very6 nicely. Don't let Lurch steer you away from group shots--the more the merrier! The five I have in holding will only have 2-4 people in the photos. Since you two are having so much fun, I intend to give a preview of these added military photos. If anyone is familiar with submarines, let me know.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Bets, that is starting to look really beautiful, great job!

:up2:

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

lurch

Shouldn't admit this, but I toured a sub once. Does that give me expertise? Neu!  ::)
<C>

Candice

So did I.  Down in Mobile, Alabama.  There was a sub and a battleship. 

http://www.ussalabama.com/

Have a look see.  :)
Candice

lurch

I think lagirl and I are doomed!
<C>

Candice

:wnw: You could be right!
Candice

Charlene5

I once restored a sub picture and looked at some others for reference but Margie doesn't know that and I'm currently hiding from her  ;)

MJ
Photoshop CS5
Alienware M17X
Dying Brain Cells

Candice

I like your means of hiding!!  Very well done!!   :up:
Candice