• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Attention all eagle eyes

Started by Ausimax, January 02, 2009, 01:04:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ausimax

I'm having a bit of a struggle with some elements of this image and would appreciate your input.

Thia is a WIP where I'm just trying to gather the various elements together.

My main problem areas are circled.

1. What is the lady in the red skirt sitting on? The legs of the three people in the background, particularly the figure to the left.

2. The baby pusher, does anybody know what it may look like? And what is the young lady sitting on? I see a piece of what could be a metal chair frame behind her left arm, but nothing else.

3. Is this young lady wearing sox? In RGB its debatable if it is damage, but in the blue channel it looks like sox, DW suggests she could be wearing a sports uniform of some sort and that sox would be likely.

Them's some of the questions, and any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Max

Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

Mhayes

Max, you really picked a fun one, didn't you?

1.  I do not think the woman is sitting. She looks like she is standing or getting up, even though she is lower than the other two, I think this is because of perspective and her being further back.
   2.  I cannot tell what she is sitting on, it might be an ice chest or small stool. She doesn't look like she is sitting on a lawn chair as you do not see the backing behind her.
   3.  My guess is that what look like socks is really damage.

Good Luck! I know you are hoping I would say a vignette--sorry!

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Tess (Tassie D)

Max I think you are correct on the lady with the stroller. It looks like she's sitting on a log fence like the ones you see round council playgrounds and parks.

As for the stroller I have no idea. I think the lady closest is not wearing sox, just lily whites like my legs.  :cool:
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

GP

Hi Max,
Happy New Year!
I don't see a picture in your post??? I see only what Tassy re-posted.

Gerlinde

Never mind, it is showing now all the pictures. I don't know how to remove my post, so just disregard it.  :D
PS CS5, PSE9, XP, Windows 7 -64bit

Ausimax

Hi,

Thanks for your help, an extra set of eyes or two and some different perspectives help sort it out in your mind, lost the sox and took artistic license with a few other aspects.

This is the next version, your thoughts please. Gerlinde, sometimes I find photos don't display - often if you right click on the little box and select "show picture" it works, and then again sometimes it doesn't.

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

Tess (Tassie D)

That makes the position of the ladies make sense Max. :up: It's coming along well but what to do with the stroller I don't know. A vignette would help.  :funny:
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Hannie

Hi Max,

What a great job!  I agree with Tess on the white socks.  I would like to add one remark and that is some shadow under the pram and folding chair so they seem less floaty.

:up:

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

kiska

One way to avoid reconstructing the stroller is to crop. I'm assuming this is a 5x3.5. I copied and pasted the blue channel and masked, just to bring back the stroller. I think that might have gotten rid of the wheels. Don't know if Margie wants this one cropped.

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Mhayes

Max, this is really coming along nicely. I really like what Hannie has done with the shadows and I also have no objections to the crop that Kiska is showing. How's that for straddling the fence?

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

GP

Hi again, Max

This looks really good already. I also would suggest to crop and get rid of the lower part of the picture. Somehow the legs of the woman in the bluejeans don't look right from the perspective and also the woman on the left, sitting on the rail, seems not to have any legs. Cropping would solve all those problems. I hope I'm not sounding too picky. I'm really amazed what you were able to bring back. I'm usually too intimidated by a picture at this size with that much damage and not much detail.

Gerlinde
PS CS5, PSE9, XP, Windows 7 -64bit

Ausimax

Tess, the stroller is still a problem, I haven't been able to find any thing that even slightly resembles what the original must have looked like, had to build one out of spare parts - still needs some modifications. Vignette!!! Don't swear at me TassieD! ;D

Hannie, like the shadows, haven't got that far yet, haven't quite decided on what will be where yet.

Kiska, it is a 6x4 and this is what it would crop to, probably wouldn't look too bad, I don't like to crop unless there is no other alternative - I will persevere with the original size and see if I can improve on it and probably send in both a full size and a cropped version. That will give Margie something else to to do while she is trying to sit on her fence, hope the pickets aren't too sharp Margie. >:D

Gerlinde, you may be right about the leg in the jeans, I think the knee needs to be raised and made more definite, why does the other woman need legs- she's sitting down isn't she? :wow: Have to give her some visible means of support I suppose, also have to do something with the girl opposite her who is levitating, I think the area around her and the tree is going to become dark and vague.

Don't worry about being picky, if I didn't want to be picked on I wouldn't have thrown it to the Rottweilers - you end up looking at these so much in the end you don't have any subjectivity left and tend to suffer from tunnel vision.

The trouble with all of us is we no longer see these as "Photos" we look at them from a Photoshopper's perspective - hopefully the owners will not be so critical and will enjoy them just as a photo. I can not say I am ever completely happy with what I end up with, I usually feel it could be better, but can't figure out how to make it so. :'(

Thanks for all your helpful comments.

max

Mhayes

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Ausimax

Mhayes

Max, I think it is looking great. The only thing I would change is to add more shadows under the lawn chair and to the stroller. The shadows would give it some depth and would keep the stroller from looking like it is floating. Nice job on giving the sitting woman a leg.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]