• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

What's on the table?

Started by lurch, December 26, 2008, 08:56:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lurch

Getting to the point on this work in progress where I'm going to have to do something with the table. The plate and the napkin I can see. I also see the other stuff, but have no idea what it is or how much of it is just schmutz - so I'm calling once more on the eagle-eye crew for help. All ideas will be considered, as usual.

<C>

glennab

Hi Lurch

I played around a little, and as you mentioned, it's difficult to discern what's on the table besides schmutz (love that word.  Haven't heard it in ages).  It appears that letters and numbers have been scattered around the edge. I see the letter A on the lower left of the table, and by the little one there appear to be a 1, 2 and 3.

I tried every channel trick I could think of and the red/yellow/gold item in the lower middle of the table looks like nothing I can identify.  I'd just follow the colors and lines and leave it at that. 

I did notice that her shirt is white with a pink "mock" neck, rather than totally pink.

Here's what I got when I tried my tricks:

I think your color could be a bit warmer.  The remainder of the restoration looks great.  Nice work on the couch and sofa table.

Good luck with the schmutz!

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Atlantis

You picked a hard one with all these yellow & red "stains"!

I think she's wearing two shirts, one pink with the whatever you call it neck (we call it a col-sweater) underneath the whitish one.

The tablecloth looks like one of those childrens cloths with numbers & letters to learn the ABC and counting during playing or eating.

I think the couch should be a warm brown. I think on my monitor the overall (skin)colours look more natural in the original photo.
The only way to get better is to figure out what I did wrong.

Candice

The couch reminds me of the one we just got rid of... you know that velour material and it was amost that color - I called it silver/copper mix.  The little toy looks the ones that tiny tyke puts out that has a round bottom so it never falls down. 

I see a 1,2 and A. I see a tic-tac-toe, an arrow, and the toy sitting on whatever, in front of the little girl, but the rest of it is damage.  That's what these old eyes see. 

btw, the picture isn't in true color.  I fiddled with the luminosity to see the items.

Candice

lurch

Thank you, Glenna, Atlantis, and Bets :loveit: You've been more help than you can know. I'm going to put the white sweater back over the pink turtleneck. And it's a good call about the designs on the table and the toy. The color is a little off because I've been working mostly on a luminosity mask that's evolving from the blue channel. It will get a final adjustment when all the schmutz is gone (I really like that word too, GK).

Now does anyone have an idea about the food on the plate?
<C>

Candice

Not a clue, but it's got to be finger food because I  :wow:don't see utensils.
Candice