• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Let’s Hear It For Recycled!

Started by Mhayes, December 28, 2008, 02:09:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mhayes

Hi Everyone,

One of our own needs some cheering up and encouragement! Les or Recylcledhippy as he is known on the forum is going through some tough times right now. About a month ago, Les was in a car wreck and spent some time in the hospital, which kept him from doing the work he loves at OPR. His wife Sandy sent an email with an apology from Les that he would not be able to finish the photos he had out and hoped he would be back soon. Les did come back and was going strong, when I received an email yesterday from Sandy saying:

Quote3:00am Xmas morning Les was taken into hospital again after his legs just seemed to stop working (The MS?)

This time they have no answer as to what is wrong
He says his arms have more holes than a second hand dartboard – lol
Today I received another email from Sandy and would like to share it. I was hesitant to bring up that Les has MS as I felt that was a private matter that was shared among a certain few. Plus, Les doesn't let this slow him down as he has turned in 46 restored photos, since joining in October of this year! I got a glimpse of his humor, when one day in the forum I called him another name not realizing that the photo in the forum was his. I apologized for the mistake and he responded by saying that sometimes he wishes he was someone else.

Here is Sandy's email this morning:

QuoteHi Margie

Thank you for your kind and encouraging words

Certainly it would be ok to post the fact that Les has been hospitalized
But, doctors are 99.9% sure that the symptoms he has are being caused by the MS and nothing to do with the accident (He got lucky with that one)
They will do more thorough tests tomorrow when the hospital returns to normal day to day running after the holiday break

Mentioning his MS does not cause us any problems/concerns. We made the decision in the early days of diagnosis that we would be totally open about it
Les says it stops people whispering behind his back
He also can confirm that your comment "I think restoring photos has given Les a purpose and brought joy to his life!" is very true
It is great to see that OPR is like a small community/family
We have already received an email from Hannie, which was gratefully received

I will be glad to keep you up-to-date on progress
Hoping this will be over sooner rather that later

Please pass my thanks to all at OPR for their kindness

Many Thanks
Sandy
Besides posting to the forum with best wishes, you may go to the member's section of the forum:  http://www.operationphotorescue.org/forum/index.php?action=mlist;sa=all;start=r#letterr and go down to "recycledhippy" and click on the email icon, which will allow you to send a personal email to Les.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]