• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Thoughts on this

Started by Ausimax, December 19, 2008, 06:19:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ausimax

This is a WIP of my latest photo, I would like your input on it, a lot of guess work on the lower half, give me your ideas that you think would improve it please.

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

haleygd

Hey Max, all I can say is wow!  Well not really... LOL Got two suggestions, need to add some texture to make her sweater look more like a knitted sweated. Also need to take a double look at his hand. The fingers are too long and there is not enough of the back of the hand. Her hair should not be covering it so much. (Geesh, just look at me critizing someone else's hand work... I am still trying to get mine right!)

Good luck,   Gary
Windows 7 & CS5 Design Premium, restoration in work photos uploaded at GaryHaley.photoshop.com

Candice

Thought that there was enough information in the original to clean up the man's hand without redrawing it and left most of the hair behind his hand.  Also, removed the red eyes from the girl.

Hope this helps.  I love your work!!
Candice

GP

Hi Max,

you really like the messy ones! It looks great already. I have a small additional pick, look at the girls arm again, it looks not quiet right. I can see skin where her arm is. This makes me think she is wearing a short sleeved sweater.

Gerlinde  :loveit:
PS CS5, PSE9, XP, Windows 7 -64bit

lurch

Max,

Marvelous job on a real mess! I see the same arm skin as Gerlinde - it really does seem to be a short-sleeved sweater. Shows best in the green channel. I'd also make the bottom of the woman's sweater mimic the lines of the lowest stripe.
<C>

Tess (Tassie D)

What a horror to work on Max. Its coming along beautifully though. I can see the skin on her arm so its either a short sleeved jumper (does anyone wear such a thing?) or she has the sleeves pushed up. I can also see a watch on her wrist.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Ausimax

Hi,

I knew I paid you people for something!  :funny:   Thats what it was for, to spot the things I don't see - talk about woods and trees! I have been working away at this and never saw that arm, probably where I got sidetracked was I used the blue channel to repair the sweater as there was less damage in it, but the area of the arm is completely dark :-[

The hand sure needs a rework, one of those disaster areas where everything you do makes it worse- and you keep on trying - good take on the bottom of the sweater Lurch. would look better with shape - I have just blocked everything out down there trying to get a sense of proportion - should I bring her waist in? Have I made her bottom too big? all these sort of questions.

Thanks for all the help, can now go back to work with new eyes - and boy don't I need em!

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

Candice

:up2:
Candice

Ausimax

haleygd

Great, almost there. Got a couple spots to point out. The two circles spots in her sweater look to be missing the texture you added to the sweater (great effect BTW). Also on the right I would contine the brown trim all the way down and then get rid of the rest of the black blog the arrow is pointing at.  All the other fixes you made are fantastic.

Gary

Windows 7 & CS5 Design Premium, restoration in work photos uploaded at GaryHaley.photoshop.com

GP

Max,

all I can say is  "wowwww"

Gerlinde
PS CS5, PSE9, XP, Windows 7 -64bit

Hannie

I agree with Gerlinde!  Great job  you have done, I like the hand and I think the black part that Gary mentions should stay, it looks like it is the shadow that is present in the original photo also.

Maybe a little shading on the lady's pants?

Good job Max,

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

glennab

Hi Max

I'm coming in on this a bit late, but I wanted to add to the fray.  I think you've done an incredible job, especially in the areas where so little is showing.  I'd try to ad a bit of contour to the lady's pants, and I noticed that Hannie pulled some of the yellow out of the man's face.  I feel that's a big improvement.  He looked a bit jaundiced in the earlier iterations.

Nice rework on his hand.  Boy, am I familiar that forest-trees syndrome.

I had to chuckle at your wondering whether the young lady is slim or voluptuous, since it's hard to tell.  The imp in my mind sees her asking the guy "Does this restoration make me look fat?"

Hugs

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Mhayes

Wow Max! When you decided to take a break, I guess it was to recharge your batteries to take on this one. Great restore!

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Ausimax

Hi,

Thanks to everybody for their help, a few more tweaks and they should be ready to go home, once again the eagle eyes to the rescue.

Max