• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Posting pic in gallery

Started by Niksmum, December 16, 2008, 10:21:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Niksmum

How does one post a picture in the OPR Gallery.? I have tried a couple of times but have had no success.

Irene

haleygd

Hi Irene, you need to post the photo on a photo gallery website like the ones mentioned on the left.  Once you have done that, you copy the link/embed code provide by the website and paste it into the post here on the OPR website like "{img}enter code here{/img}". The "img" tags are from the button below the Italics button. I believe this is explained in the OPR handbook.

Gary
Windows 7 & CS5 Design Premium, restoration in work photos uploaded at GaryHaley.photoshop.com

Niksmum

Hi Gary
I have no problem posting on the forum but if I try and post to the gallery the photo doesn't post.
Do they have to be a certain size or ok'd by someone. I have some before and afters that I would like to put there.

Irene

pixelesh

Hi Irene,

I can't find the thread, but I do believe the max size (dimension-wise) was not to exceed 1200p. And yes, be patient...as it says, "Your picture will not appear in the gallery to others until it is approved." Mine took a few days to appear.

Leslie

Edit: Found it -> http://www.operationphotorescue.org/forum/index.php/topic,1306.0.html

Tess (Tassie D)

Hi Irene. I just had a look but can't see any of your photos uploaded in the gallery awaiting approval.
You need to select the before and after gallery then browse to your photos and click upload.
When you join your photos together make sure the exif information is taken off.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Niksmum

Thanks guys I guess I will have to try again.

Irene

Candice

I'm glad that you posted that question.  I was trying to post too and kept getting an error message.  Maybe the last one I tried worked.   :)
Candice

haleygd

When you go to the gallery, on the right just under the bar that says "GALLERY" should should see "myimages". If you click on that you will see all the images you have uploaded to the gallery. Any that have not been approved will be grayed and state waiting approval...

Gary
Windows 7 & CS5 Design Premium, restoration in work photos uploaded at GaryHaley.photoshop.com

Hannie

Irene, your upload worked this time and your lovely restore is now in the Before and After gallery for all to see!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Niksmum