• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

WeddingParty in progress - calling all Fashionista's

Started by Atlantis, December 16, 2008, 05:57:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atlantis

I know there are still details that need some more work (getting more light in some shadowed faces and some blues left in darker area's), posting this wip is a moment of letting it rest before I can finish it and sent them home.

What I ask for this wip is some colouradvice from the fashionista's on this forum.

At some point the bride's dress seemed to be more pinkish than white (but I stayed with white for now), I think the bridesmaids wear something greenish-blueish and what I thought to be black suits looked more burgundy in a closer view.

I honestly thought this one "only" needed some colourcorrection and a little damage to be removed ...
But I discovered lots of blue haze in the darker areas, yellow stains on de bridesmaids dresses, etc.
On top of it all the yellowish lamplight that probably discoloured the original undamaged and aged photo.

The only way to get better is to figure out what I did wrong.

Hannie

Atlantis, Í really don't think there is anything to add to what you have done so far.  You have done an amazing job on the color correction!  I'm sure the original never looked this good.

:wnw:

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Candice

Ok, warped sense of humor here... did the photographer really have to get the light behind the grooms head as he did.  It looks like a halo and........... well I'll leave it at that!    :halo:
Candice

TerryB

Atlantis, that is simply an awesome color correction job. 

Mind telling us how you accomplished it?  I've been fooling around with it, attempting to match your technique and haven't even come close. 

And I gott'a get back to one of Margie's fix-em-uppers before I get declared AWOL ;)
Confidence is the feeling you have before you understand the situation.

Tess (Tassie D)

You've done a great job on this one Atlantis. I get burgundy on the suits too.

Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Atlantis

I went back to this one several times, discovering more and more blue discolouring in esp. the darker area's but I think I covered them all now :

I discussed the colour of the greenish dresses with my oldest daughter and we agreed on the one showing now to be a probable choice in the era this wedding took place.

Oh, and Terry, I will share the "how" when I've recovered from the illness I seem to have picked up after some visits to "flu'ish" relatives yesterday (feeling quite dizzy now).
The only way to get better is to figure out what I did wrong.

Hannie

Atlantis, your restore looks absolutely beautiful!

Too bad you're not feeling well, I hope you'll get better soon!

bests wishes,

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]