• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Posting photos on the forum.

Started by Tess (Tassie D), December 08, 2008, 09:05:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tess (Tassie D)

Before uploading photos make sure you use the 'save for web' option on a copy of your photo in Photoshop to remove the personal details/exif data from the photo.

POSTIMAGE
In Quick reply and normal reply you will now see a blue P which you can use to upload images through Postimage. By clicking it a pop up box will appear where you select your photo and choose upload.
Once it is complete the plugin will automatically add your image in thumbnail form to your post. You can choose more than one image and no login is required.

PHOTOBUCKET
Photobucket has now gone paid so if you are not a paying member, this is what you will see. We cannot recommend Photobucket any more.

Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Tess (Tassie D)

For Flickr
Upload your photo. Once it is there click on it and click the share arrow. Choose Grab the HTML/BBCode and select BBCode. Copy the link and paste into your thread.

newflickr1 by donein64, on Flickr.

newflickr2 by donein64, on Flickr

For https://imgbb.com/
Open a free account and upload your photos. You will see your latest upload and it's easy to copy the BB code and paste into the forum thread.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Tess (Tassie D)

For imgur.com

Upload your photo. Once you see it there click it.

This next screen will pop up. Click and copy the one shown then paste it into your thread or reply.

FOR PBASE IMAGE HOSTING

If you copy the address of your photo on Pbase in the address bar and then click on the insert image button underneath the italics button here on the forum and paste the address in between the [ img] [ /img]. Note you have to add .jpg to each address

You should get the photos in here.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

smceachron

I now have the photo in photobucket and ImageShack.  Unfortunately, the directions given don't match what is on my screens. I can't figure out what to do next.  :-\   ~ Sandi
~ Sandi :)

Tess (Tassie D)

Hi Sandi, this is for photobucket. When you run your mouse over each photo in there you will see a box pop up below the image. I've highlighted the one you click to copy the image. Once you have done that smply right click in the post here and choose paste. It will the paste the image in so you will see img in brackets with the name of your photo and then /img in brackets at the end.

Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Tess (Tassie D)

Updated to show the new Flickr requirements.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

smceachron

Tess,  Got it.  Thank you.  I had read it as left click.  So that is what may have been wrong.  Thank you again.  Hugs, Sandi
~ Sandi :)

Tess (Tassie D)

Updated with the request not to delete your progress photos.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Kdcintx

I would like to upload a photo to the forum but I don't have the same user interface as shown in these posts. For example, I don't have an album in my Photobucket account.  How do I include a photo in the forum?

Mhayes

Kdcintx, I just upload to Photobucket and it goes into my library--I haven't sorted them out into albums. Once there you should be able hover over the IMC code and save to paste into the OPR Forum text.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Kdcintx

Thanks for your reply. Where is my library? All I have are "Invitations, Purchases, Downloads, Account Info, Upload to MU, Photographer Upgrade" I've uploaded a photo twice and can't find it anywhere.

Pat

Your description "All I have are "Invitations, Purchases, Downloads, Account Info, Upload to MU, Photographer Upgrade" sounds like maybe you are uploading to PhotoShelter rather than Photobucket.

Pat
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Kdcintx

Oooooh. Yes Pat, you are absolutely right. Thanks so much. 

Tess (Tassie D)

In Quick reply and normal reply you will now see a blue P which you can use to upload images through Postimage. By clicking it a pop up box will appear where you select your photo and choose upload.
Once it is complete the plugin will automatically add your image in thumbnail form to your post. You can choose more than one image and no login is required.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Shadow