• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Comments and suggestions please

Started by jacobdj, December 04, 2008, 06:37:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jacobdj

Hi all,

This is my second restore. I did not post the first one.

I tried using "Add noise" and blur filters to make the wall and clothes more realistic. Didn't happen. I would like to know your techniques for smoothing and then adding texture.

Also, do you do color corrections first and then do the cloning and spotting or vice versa?

Lastly, it looks as though I will need some drawing skills and a technique for cloning body parts. Can you suggest some tutorials. I saw the one relating to eye painting.

This is going to be interesting.

Thanks,

Dennis

Tess (Tassie D)

Hi Dennis. If you copy the address in the address bar and then click on the insert image button underneath the italics button here on the forum and paste the address in between the [ img] [ /img]. Note you have to add .jpg to each address

You should get the photos in here.
I'll let the experts help you with this very difficult photo.  :wow:

Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Charlene5

Hi Dennis,

The guy in the back displaying his armpit appears to be in an enlisted Air Force uniform - I see stripes on his sleeve.  The uniform should be complete in the restoration and he seems to be missing his collar devices.   I can see it in the original picture - it's not damage, it's his US insignia.  I'm sorry this is such a crummy picture, but this is Ben (a family friend) in his uniform:

I found this page that gives the rules for placement:

http://usmilitary.about.com/cs/airforce/a/afdresspart2.htm

MJ, who used to be Sergeant Johnson :)
Photoshop CS5
Alienware M17X
Dying Brain Cells