• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Latest Fixer

Started by hoodman3, November 13, 2008, 08:27:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hoodman3

I want your feed back on this one.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Pete
Windows XP, CS3

glennab

Hi Pete

Wowser, you got a major challenge with this one.  I think everything looks great except for parts of his/her face.

I did some channel mixing and will post a B&W version so you can better see the mouth, which is much wider, and the nose – it appears to me that the nostrils flare more than you're showing.  I can't quite figure out what it is about the shape of the face, but it doesn't seem quite the same as the original.

Unfortunately it's difficult to give you any suggestions.  The scratch monsters are a handful.  I've done several, so I can attest to that.

Here's the image I got:

Good luck!

Cheers

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

hoodman3

Glenna, the mouth and nose bother me too. I'll try to tweak them and repost. I'm using the blue channel as a guide. It's the cleanest.
Thanks for the comments
Pete
Windows XP, CS3

Tess (Tassie D)

Hi Pete, I split it to HSL and got a reasonably good one on the lightness channel. I think from Mary's drawing instructions for faces, the mouth corners usually are in line with the centre of the eyes?

Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

laportelj

You are doing great work!!!

Jane

klassylady25

I love babies.  Bet he/she loved the face this one carried as the years went on.

schen

Pete,

I think you did pretty well on the restoration.  The blue channel though severely damaged provides clear definition of the locations of the facial features.  Your reconstruction is very faithful to the original.

Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

hoodman3

Thanks to all for your comments and help. I returned this one last week incorporating most of your suggestions.

Thanks again and HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
Pete
Windows XP, CS3

Mhayes

Peter, great job on getting the eyes right!

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]