• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

A couple to check out.

Started by Ausimax, December 02, 2008, 06:34:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ausimax

Would you like to look these over and see if there is anything I have missed or mucked up.

Thanks

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

Atlantis

I think you did a great job on the headtransplant. At first I thought the difference in tilting was giving it away, it looks as if the new head is slightly smaller. But after flipping both pics back and forth several times I discovered it's the difference in light & shadows compared to the rest of the photo that needs a little adjusting for a perfect match.
The only way to get better is to figure out what I did wrong.

Hannie

Hi Max,

Nice restore and cleanup!  Like Atlantis said the difference in lightfall causes the transplanted head to look a little off.  I tried for a while to change the light/shadow but I ended up with something that resembled the Pillsbury doughboy so I will not post it... ;D

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

glennab

Max, mighty fine work for someone who's taking a break!(?)

My only pick is the look of the man's head, as well.  I'd have no clue as to how to adjust that to look more natural.  You go, guru!

Cheers

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Atlantis

I couldn't resist to spent a few minutes on it. I used to do a lot of headswapping for fun in my early PS-days ;)

You need to match the colours of the head to the rest of the body/subject when still working on separate layers.
I selected the new head with a feathered selection, copied and pasted it on a new layer. Then went to Image / Adjustments / match color and lowered luminance & colour intensity to a better match. You can set the source if you need to.
Next I added a adj.layer and tweaked it some more, followed by a neutral grey set to soft ligth on which I painted with black & white soft brushes (very low opacity) for a finishing touch.

I think given a bit more time and the original filesizes you will be able to get a much better result.

The only way to get better is to figure out what I did wrong.

Ausimax

Hi folks,

Thanks for your help, sorry to be so slow in responding - had a lot of other things going on the last couple of days.

Will make a few adjustments and send them home.

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

cmpentecost

Max, these look great!  I can only hope to get my restoration skills back up to par with yours.  They've gotten rather rusty this past year!

Chris

Ausimax

Hi Chris,

Hopefully your photography has improved as your PS skill has waned, it seems to work the other way - went to take a couple of photos the other day and couldn't remember how to set up my camera, ended up with some very sad pic. :-[

Max