• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

The magic of colourcorrections

Started by Atlantis, December 01, 2008, 06:58:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atlantis

I'm showing this trio because the tips & tricks on colourcorrections provided by this forum helped me so much to discover what was beneath all the reds.

I also tried Mary's suggestions on restoring the background and to finish it off I used a few adjustmentlayers (Hue/Sat set to colorize) to bring back some more colour to the lady's dress and a tiny little bit to her face.

I honestly hope I maintained the subtleness I was aiming for.
So the milliondollar question is : can I sent this lady home?
The only way to get better is to figure out what I did wrong.

haleygd

Only question I would have is if that is really a pin in her hair. It is very symmetric so I am inclined to agree it is not a blob/damage. But what would a guy know, I could have sworn that was a flower over her ear!.... lol
Windows 7 & CS5 Design Premium, restoration in work photos uploaded at GaryHaley.photoshop.com

Hannie

Hi Atlantis,

What a great job, it is amazing that these colors were hiding in the red muck,  Beautiful restore.
What if the dress and blouse were just a little lighter?

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Atlantis

No problem.
I adjusted the lighter areas by making them darker, might as well do it the other way round.
She'll be flying home soon.

(need to work on my "surprise" for a little while now before my familymembers sneak in again)

Hannie

(Atlantis, you are way ahead of me, I have not even bought a present yet, let alone a "surprise"!)
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Atlantis

(the amount of secret no-go areas [rooms, closets] is growing in our house and I keep losing track of useful stuff like cellotape, glue, paper, rope, etc.   :crazy:)

Mhayes

Atlantis, what a beautiful restore! I love both your and Hannie's avatar. Now if I could just get in Christmas mood.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

schen

Ah, it is that time of year for Sinterklaas again.

Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

Hannie

That's right Shujen, you remembered well!  Friday the 5th of December it is Pakjesavond and that is similar to what you have on Christmas morning, presents for everyone.

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Atlantis

And it's my hubbies birthday as well  :loveit: . We celebrate Sinterklaas on sunday as not all participants live in the same house anymore. This gives me 2 more days to create poems & surprises. Sinterklaas is mainly a fun happening with a deliberatly low budget.
We don't give presents at christmass. Nowadays people seem to do both and spent lots of money on both celebrations. We prefer the spirit of both traditions.