• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Started by Mhayes, November 26, 2008, 03:38:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mhayes

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!

Yes, I know it is a day early, but as the designated cook this year, I wanted to say this before disaster strikes:

• House goes up in flames
  • Guests get sick or die

• I forget a major ingredient in receipt
  • All of the above
After returning from the grocery store, I can't help but think of the Master Card commercials where they ring up the cost ($$$$$)  of purchasing things for your personal pleasure, but it ends on the high note of satisfaction's cost being priceless. So it is is with Thanksgiving! I feel blessed to be with the ones I love and the freedoms I enjoy. I also feel thankful for the friends that I have met in OPR; you are a wonderful group of people. Even though this may be a US holiday, special thanks to all our overseas friends who have pitched in to help.  A special thanks goes out to DigMyPics, PhotoShelter, NAPP, Dziner Studio, Revolution2, West Coast Imaging, Montana Panoramic Co., and the Free Lance Star. Last, but not least a special thanks to all the behind the scenes staff here at OPR who make the organization run so well and I could not do without you.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Tess (Tassie D)

I hope you all have a very Happy Thanksgiving over there and don't eat too much.  ;D

Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

glennab

Hi all

I want to add my best wishes to Margie's and Tess's (I wish I had a wonderful cartoon to share.  Tess, it's hilarious – and the way things usually go with cats vs. dogs.)

I'm going to have the joy of spending tomorrow with all my kids, grandkids and close friends, and I only have to cook a couple of veggies (tradition – only grandma can cook certain items).  And I don't have to spend this evening cleaning up the "construction site" in order to entertain.

There are so many things for which I'm thankful I wouldn't know where to begin.  OPR and our global community is way up on the list. This forum and the wonderful people who partake have enriched my life so much.  And I have to add the joy of working on the restorations.

Iron Man is the finest husband any woman could possibly find.  I have beautiful, smart, wonderful kids and grandkids, all of whom I'm annoyingly proud.  And even the 12 fur butts add so much to life (litter boxes, barf, tumbleweeds of fur, fleas – and lots of love).

And I haven't had a headache in 3 weeks.  Whoo hoo. LIFE IS GOOD.

I'm sending my love out to each of you.  You all have part of my heart.

Hugs and more hugs,

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

klassylady25

From the Roy Home in Oklahoma: I love ya'll.  Candice, David and Daniel

Hannie

(that turkey looks so yummy!)

Happy Thanksgiving to all of folks over the pond!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Dave

Happy Thanksgiving OPR. I am thankful for the hope that each and every one of you bring to the table. The work you all are accomplishing can never receive enough gratitude.

So, if you're celebrating Thanksgiving today, enjoy it to it's fullest. If you're not, enjoy being part of something special - OPR.

Me, I'm at the office today, because the news never stops. But know this, I will still find the time to deep fry a turkey today. Turkeys, you have been warned.

Dave

Dave
Dave Ellis
OPR Founder
[email protected]

John