• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

New from central California

Started by krishirt, November 26, 2008, 07:48:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

krishirt

I'm excited to be joining this group - it certainly looks challenging! I do love restoring photos, it's kind of like magic happening. I hope I'm up to what I'm seeing here - most of my work, like a lot of others, hasn't been quite at this level. I understand what it means to people though, and don't have a problem with not hearing directly from anyone. I work as a graphic designer in a non-profit adoption and foster care agency, and see how important photos can be for helping to provide a context for one's life. Once I had to try to make an image of a child's birth mother, the only picture this child had, from a black and white copy off an old ID card. I wasn't happy with the result, but it was better looking than what I'd started with, and the child was thrilled. We keep original photos and I print copies for the children that go from one foster home to another, so if those get ruined, we can print again - and they DO get ruined and lost. When that happens, the child's history and sense of themselves is diminished as well - visual histories are very important. I consider myself at an intermediate level with Photoshop, but I'll find out, won't I?

Tess (Tassie D)

Welcome to the forum krishirt . You have a wonderful job helping those kids in need. I'm sure you'll get enjoyment and lots of frustration out of our photos. :)
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Mhayes

Welcome to the forum Krishirt! We are happy to have you join and looks like you have a wonderful start already. That is great what your are doing and I think you will find the forum is a great way to get tips on photos that give you problems.

QuoteI consider myself at an intermediate level with Photoshop, but I'll find out, won't I?
Yes, but don't worry, we have all been there and you will have some great help along the way. It's funny but after awhile you will look at photos with an eye with what solutions work best.

Margie

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]