• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

A photo op lost… woe!

Started by glennab, November 26, 2008, 09:04:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiska

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

glennab

Wowser Bowser, Margie, what gorgeous shots.  I love it when we digress like this and end up with all these masterpieces.  I'm going to have to revise my opinion of Florida's having the most beautiful skies. The setting sun is spectacular around the world!

I've had my camera with me for 3 days hoping to catch another beautiful evening here, and our heavens haven't caught fire once.  Of course!

I'd love to see more photos from around the globe.

Cheers,

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

schen

Margie,  I am impressed by your ability to scare away so many birds in such a short time  :funny:

About 20 some years ago, I visited the Horicon Marsh in Wisconsin.  Right after sunset, tens of thousands of Canadian Geese descended and darkened the sky.  The sight and sound were incredible.  Few minutes later, they all disappeared from the view and the sky was clear again.

I was told that every year, about 200,000 Canadian Geese migrate through the marsh.  But I had been there twice since, and each time I saw only a few hundreds. 
Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

Mhayes

Thanks everyone! Shujen, one must never reach a conclusion in haste:
QuoteMargie, I am impressed by your ability to scare away so many birds in such a short time.  :funny:
These birds were circling and coming in for a landing, not being scared off. It must have been their attraction to the Big Mother Bird.  ;)

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

kiska

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro