• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

A photo op lost… woe!

Started by glennab, November 26, 2008, 09:04:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

glennab

Someone, please remind me to have my camera with me at all times from now on.  Remember the photo I posted of the Florida sunrise over a year ago?  I walked out of work earlier this week to the most gorgeous sunset I've ever seen (and Florida skies are indescribably beautiful most of the time).  Picture the sunrise image, saturated half again and peeking through the branches of huge oak trees.  I stood in the middle of the parking lot hollering "Where's my damn camera," just as our sales manager walked out the door.  He beat feet for his car!  Didn't even look at the sky.  His loss.  (We work in a windowless upstairs office complex.  Imagine our surprise when we open the door!  Is it hot; is it cold; is it raining...??????)

I hope your skies are sunny and beautiful wherever you reside!

Bless

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

schen

GK,

Here is the reminder: "REMEMBER TO BRING YOUR CAMERA WITH YOU AT ALL TIME".

The Illinois sky probably is not as good as the one in Florida but it just have to do for now.

Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

glennab

Shujen, thank you for the adamant reminder!  And the photo of the Illinois sky is awesome! It looks so dramatic.

Cheers,

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Deborahjc

I love sunsets (and now I get to enjoy them at 3:30 in the afternoon!)  It gets dark so early here!

Here is an Arizona sunset from a recent visit there.

Tess (Tassie D)

Beautiful sunsets. :up: I have to wait til 8.30pm at the moment for them.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

glennab

Since I didn't get Shujen's reminder until this afternoon, I, of course, didn't have my camera with me AGAIN!  Coming home from work there was gorgeous sky to both the east and west.  Since I love beautiful skies, I was having a hard time driving and looking at all the magnificent color changes in the 20 minutes it took me to get home.  I'm the same way with rainbows – a complete, total road hazard.

Deborah, your Arizona sunset is breathtaking!  Especially with the little moon showing.  What a great shot.

Remember camera... remember camera... remember camera...

GK

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Hannie

Shujen, your sky is on fire!  Looks breathtaking.

You can leave Arizona but Arizone will never leave you... I have never seen skies as beautiful as over there and I miss those colors of the evening sky.
Thanks for sharing Deborah.

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

G3User

Sunsets are great but they usually last for such a short time and change so rapidly they can be a real challenge. Thanks for showing

Took this a few months ago in Darwin which is the capital of Northern Territory looking out over the Timor Sea.

We will be spending Xmas there this year, the wet season will still be happening so I hope to do better.

PS Note that it is a dog walking area and therefore devoid of cats ::)

Athol

Tess (Tassie D)

Oh you lucky thing Athol. One day, yeah right, we will get there on our tour around the country. I can't wait to see the lightning storms they have up there.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Deborahjc

Wow Athol,

The Northern Territories are one of the special places in the world.  My husband and I spent some time around Darwin a few years ago and we loved it!  So much wildlife and a real feeling of wilderness there. 

Great picture!   Hope your holidays are cyclone free!

Deb

schen

Athol,

The beautiful dawn or dusk sky is so transient.  After seeing the sky on fire, it took me a few minutes to find a safe place to pull the car off road.  By then, the color was partially faded.  I had to boost the saturation in Photoshop.   :P

Shujen
Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

Mhayes

Hubby and I went up one cold dreary fall day to visit Quivera National Wildlife Refuge in Kansas about and hour and half drive. It had been cloudy with no sun the entire day. When we got up there to take in the fall migration, the clouds started to break and we were treated to a spectacular sunset. It was amazing to see the constant change in colors and to watch the birds. The first photo shows the migration and the sound was not to be believed. The 2nd photo was taken 10 minutes later.

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Tess (Tassie D)

Margie they are breathtaking. I'd love the second one in high res for my desktop.  :up:
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

PatW

Margie, those are stunning photos.  We also are in the middle of the North American Flyway, so I know what you mean about the sound.  There's nothing else quite like it.  Regrettably, our shared experience ends there.  I've never even come close to taking such a spectacular photo.

pat

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]