• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

December Birthdays – Wow! Lots of 'em.

Started by glennab, December 02, 2008, 11:10:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glennab

Happy birthday, December babies!  Sagittarians and Capricorns, whoo hoo! Never met one of either that I wasn't crazy about.  Sagittarians are free, generous spirits who cannot lie, even to their own detriment.  And Capricorns are successful, self-sufficient and resourceful.  What a combo!  Have a great celebration.  You're all even more special because you're OPR birthday babies!

PARTY!

Hugs

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

weewood

Wishing all the December babies, a Happy Birthday!  :hug:

Glenna, where did you say the party was going to be? Regards, David
David J. Davis

Windows 10 Pro, Photoshop CC 2018, Intel i7 4770K 3.5GHZ, Nivida GeForce GTX 1070

Tess (Tassie D)

Wow, there are a lot in December. Happy Birthday to everyone having a birthday this month.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

glennab

David, my recommendation for our party would be Ft. DeSoto Park, which is often named one of the top 10 beaches in the U.S.  It's a gorgeous island about 20 minutes southwest of us and was once a military fort.  The canons and barracks are still there.  It has campgrounds, is right on the gulf, has boat launching facilities, picnic areas, the wonderful fort to explore, bike and skating trails, and is about 10 minutes from St. Pete Beach.  Probably my favorite place in the world.  Hubby and I were married there.  I suspect that everyone would love it. (Can you tell that I work in the tourist trade????)

See if you can get the corporate jet and enough fuel to pick up all our members, I'll burn the numbers off my credit cards to get food; BYOB; snowbirds will want to bring shorts & t-shirts – maybe even swim suits (we're too wussy to hit the Gulf before April or May) – because the weather is supposed to be gorgeous the next few weeks.

We'll need to hire someone to bake one heck of a huge birthday cake.  I'll make lemonade! (We just picked 8 dozen lemons off the tree, and that's less than a quarter of the crop!)

RSVP

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

weewood

Glenna,,,,If I get the corporate jet to pickup all the members, I think congress will have a heart attack. We should probably just come in Hybrids and play it safe.  :D
David J. Davis

Windows 10 Pro, Photoshop CC 2018, Intel i7 4770K 3.5GHZ, Nivida GeForce GTX 1070

glennab

Okay, David, here's the plan.

We'll get Congress to give us a corporate bail-out and then they can have their heart attacks!  Dave, Margie, and the rest of admin can determine how much we need to keep OPR going and send us on as many copy runs as are required, as well as have our party, keep the corporate jet in the air whenever we want and give ALL of us a golden parachute for when we're no longer able to work or push pixels (the auto makers got away with it and one of the financial institutions sent their executives on a $400,000 "retreat" with bail-out money – or as they euphemistically call it "economic stimulus packages."  Imagine what we could do with that kind of cash!  Copy runs all over the world, conventions, monthly group birthday parties...  my imagination runs wild!).

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for hybrids.  But I'm not sure one will get me to Australia to personally pick on my pal Max, visit Tess and Bethany or to the Netherlands to say hi to Atlantis and bring Hannie to Florida for iced tea and verbal abuse – and that's just the start of my list. The hugs list extends to the entire membership, starting with you!  We have lots of work to do.

Cheers and hugs!

GK

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Mhayes

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]