• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

This one's not quite as easy as my first one...

Started by HellZiggy, November 24, 2008, 03:27:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HellZiggy

I've hit a wall, so to speak, on this one.
I have absolutely no idea what I should do with the picture on the wall. Is it better to remove it, or should I just make the whole thing dark? Of course the big damage spot had to be there instead of on a nice easy blank part of the wall!
Also, this was my first attempt at rebuilding a dog's face. I'm no veterinarian, so any constructive criticism on my work there would be appreciated.

Thank you!
Sharon

Tess (Tassie D)

You've done a great job on this one. :up: I'd just darken the picture/maybe mirror even?
You're very close with the dog. I just fluffed out the far side of its head and made the other eye visible. Spent a while looking at my dog, she thought I'd gone mad but I could see her other eye quite well in that position.

Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

sharpshooter

Try taking a look at each of the separate color channels, that may give you a better idea of what the dog looked like, since sometimes the damage doesn't show up in one channel.

Ron
PS CC, 2010 Mac Pro, Wacom fan.

lurch

To my eye it looks like a big hunk of the dogs muzzle is missing on its right side.

If the channels don't give you a clue about the original shape, you might check out photos on line. There are many sites dedicated to the various dog breeds. One quick way would be to Google 'image golden retriever'.

<C>
<C>

Hannie

Hi Sharon,

You have done a great job and you're right, there's no telling what the picture on the wall was or if it even was a picture.  You could do as Tess suggested and darken it.  Make sure the outlines are slightly blurred so the thing will not "jump" at you from the photo.

I also like what Tess did to the dog's face.  If you were to transplant a completely different golden retriever head on this pet the owners might have a bit of a shock!  (They all seem to have different facial expressions from what I can tell.)

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]