• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Hello from New Jersey

Started by Willy, November 16, 2008, 01:43:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willy

Hi everyone.......my name is Willy. Heard about OPR through the Photoshop User magazine and felt that this was an exceptional idea and just had to join and offer my services. Looking forward to meeting everyone and helping out with the cause.
Willy Thompson

glennab

Hello Willy

Welcome from Florida! I'm so glad you decided to join us.

Yes, OPR is most assuredly a wonderful idea.  I'm one of the first members (also found out about the effort through NAPP), and you couldn't tear me away from this group or this work for any amount of money in the world. We have some incredibly daunting images to clean up (don't let our distribution coordinators con you – they'll tell you how nearly pristine the photos are in THEIR gallery.  Download one, and you'll realize, as I told Hannie, each distributor would be a great used car sales weasel!  Somehow their bait & switch routine doesn't prevent any of us from plowing into whatever we're sent. I think we're all addicted.)

Don't hesitate to post a work in progress with which you're struggling.  One (or several) of us will jump in with the tips and tricks we've picked up over the years. 

Look forward to seeing you on the forum. We love our job, and we also have a great time!

Cheers,

GK

What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Hannie

Hi willy, welcome to the OPR forum from Amsterdam, hope you'll like it here!
Glenna (also known as GK) sometimes speaks with forked tongue...do not believe what she says about our galleries!

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Tess (Tassie D)

Hi Willy, welcome to the forum. Hannie is right, Glenna tells fibs. We are wonderful with our beautiful photos.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Mhayes

Hi Willy, welcome to OPR from Kansas. We're happy to have you and don't believe GK's scare tactics.  Even if we do give you a less than pristine photo once in awhile, you always have the forum to post for help.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

glennab

What a bunch of hooey!  Note that the GK is being denigrated by nearly the entire clan of "sales weasels!"  No. 1: Sagittarians NEVER LIE and No. 2: No one with tentacles EVER LIES! Nor can they have both tentacles AND forked tongue.

I rest my case.

I wuv you guys!

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

PatW

Hi Willy,  Welcome to the forum and greetings from Nebraska from a displaced Jersey girl.   You'll find a lovely, helpful bunch of people here.  (No matter how scary it sounds.) :up:

Pat

Johnboy

Hi Willy from southwest Ohio. Yes you will soon find that those young ladies will tell you anything to get you into their galleries. You will find that the photos there never look as bad as they do once you get them downloaded. You have to watch out for Hannie because she has a bunch of zoo animals she runs through her gallery on occasion. What a mess that is.  ;D

As you can tell we do have fun here along with the serious work we do. It is one big international family for a common cause.

Johnboy

Hannie

Johnboy, just because a herd of stampeding circus animals trotted all over my photos once doesn't mean they will do so again!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Johnboy

I know Hannie, but you have to be cautious.

Johnboy