• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Orphan

Started by Hannie, November 15, 2008, 06:52:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannie

I have one poor little orphan in my gallery named JonesS20_04_4x6 that needs some tender loving care desperately so it can go back home!

Like all the other photos in my gallery, JonesS20_04_4x6 is of excellent quality and impeccable behaviour. 
I'm sure if you take one look at it you will want it all for yourself...

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

glennab

Hannie, you should be a used car sales weasel.  What a line!

If no one else wants it and Jan is okay with my taking a short break from the monster from her gallery, I'll give it a try.

NO SHENANIGANS!  I want what I see in the gallery, Ms. Bait & Switch!

Hugs

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Hannie

Ha! gotcha!
Glenna, the photo is in your gallery already, there is not turning back any more!   >:D

You are the best,

:hug:

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Tess (Tassie D)

I have orphans too.  Two PageM, one Rosetti and one Ruiz. I'll not pretend they are wonderful like a certain nameless person but I will be grateful to anyone who takes them.  :halo:
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Mhayes

Well, it would appear that we have orphans everywhere and some look more adotable than others. I suspect than Hannie is suffering from acute near sightedness from the description of hers. I am not going to con you on mine (perfer to wait another day) as they are all bad! However, for those of you that are tired of weddings and humans in general; I've got a great deal for you! OlsenM9_9 is a photo of a beautiful Sheltie, which is in bad shape, but the good news is that I have a restored photo of the same dog only in a sitting position. I could send the restored to help out in finishing this one. There is ThibadeauxE_2, which is one of only two photos the family brought in and is really the worst of the lot. Unless someone picks this one, I am going to put it in the forum for a group project.  >:D  Finishing out my list of lovelies: FritzJ-_06; GloverL_12 ; McSwainW_9; and BittnerG_15.

Volunteers will be standing by to handle your requests.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

klassylady25

Margie, where are these pictures found? Which gallery?

Candy

klassylady25

I found them but it would really help if the pictures could be put in the galleries under alphabetical order! 

Mhayes

Candice, I just assumed that since I posted that I had some orphans that you would know that I was talking about my gallery, especially after Hannie and Tess posted what was in theirs. I have changed my gallery to alphabetical, see if that helps.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

klassylady25

That did help Margie.  I've asked for one more.

recycledhippy

Hi

This might be totally out of order
but
Why cant OPR add just one extra gallery that could be used when other Galleries have one or two 'obstinate' photos that are needed to complete ready to go 'home'
I am sure that there some who would willingly respond knowing that the would see yet another batch go 'home'

Regards
Hippy

PatW

And.... it would save the rest of us from making a horrible mistake!  :funny:

Pat

Mhayes

Hi Hippy,

That's not a bad idea on the surface, but if might create more work and confusion for the distributors. If you take all the orphans from the 4 distributors and dump them into one gallery, then the decision will have have to fall on one distributor to take care of that gallery in order to keep an up to date spreadsheet. Plus, when the photo comes back, she will have to make sure that it goes back to the right gallery. In the end, it would make more work for the distributors to keep things organized. The easiest way to tell if a gallery has any orphans is to look at the names at the bottom of each photo and if you only see only one family name, you will know that this photo is holding up the rest from going home.

Nice try Pat.  ;D

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Ausimax

Quote from: MarCat on November 17, 2008, 01:16:05 PM
Hi Hippy,

The easiest way to tell if a gallery has any orphans is to look at the names at the bottom of each photo and if you only see only one family name, you will know that this photo is holding up the rest from going home.

Nice try Pat.  ;D

Margie

Yet another porky from these purveyors of perfect pictures. :knuppel:

I recently chose 2 very crappy photos from a gallery as they were the last two of that family name, and I thought I would be a generous little soul and take them so the family could get their photos back. Having committed myself to this selfless course of action, you can imagine my dismay, horror and frustration to discover about another ten of this family name in another gallery. :funny:

Don't trust a thing these used picture salespeople tell you, they make used car salesmen look like angels. :halo:

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

Mhayes

Max, are you sure they weren't 1st coursins?  :-[

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

klassylady25

Margie, two of your ophans have been sent home today: FritzJ_13_06 and MortonS21_12_9.

Great pics.

Candy