• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Taking a break

Started by Ausimax, November 15, 2008, 08:10:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ausimax

Hi,

I will be taking a break from restorations for a while, I feel I'm getting burned out at present and need to have a change.

I'll still be lurking around the forum, just won't be doing any restorations on a regular basis for a spell.

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

Hannie

Hi Max,

You have taken Tess's advice to "stop and smell the roses" very literally!
Just kidding you, I hope you have a nice long break to do all the things that you would like to do, you deserve it!
It is so easy to spend too many hours behind the computer doing this that and the other thing, sometimes you just need to get away from it all and do something entirely different.

It is summer time in in Australia so the wheather there will be a lot better than it is over here right now (rain, cold, brr).  Enjoy yourself, recharge your batteries and have fun!

We will miss you,

:hug:

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Mhayes

Hi Max,

I second Hannie's thoughts about you recharging your batteries and taking some time off to enjoy yourself, just don't drop out of sight or we will have Tess issue an Aussie Alert to find you.

Come back soon and we promise no tricks on any of your downloads!  >:D

Margie

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

glennab

Hi Max

As prolifically as you've cranked out restoration after restoration I can imagine that you need to step away from the computer for a while.  You're amazing.

However, keep in mind that the GK will miss you terribly – you did, after all, start the Kraken thing and give me a whole new persona (which I feel I wear quite well, actually)!

Here's the deal.  I'll be able to stand it without you for a while, but when I get really desperate for my AussiMax fix, I could go as far as finally locating the poofer, donning my special pre-wrinkled ninja stealth suit and tracking your butt down.  YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Many, many hugs my pal!

GK

What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Dave

Max,

You have more than earned your break. Enjoy it.

Dave
Dave Ellis
OPR Founder
[email protected]

Tess (Tassie D)

Good on you Max. After the last horrors from my gallery, you need a recharge. Have fun and put your feet up.
Don't worry everyone. If Max is away too long I'll pack up the caravan and head north to find him. Oh, hey, that will mean I'm missing too.  >:D
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Mhayes

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Ausimax

Hi folk,

Not to worry! Your luck hasn't changed that much, I'll still be around in the forum dispensing gratuitous advice and keeping you all honest. :knuppel:

I just need a change and an opportunity to learn to do other things in PS, have to check in to keep an eye on the GK. :funny:

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

kiska

Quotehave to check in to keep an eye on the GK.

PLEASE DO!!!!!!!!
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

glennab

MOI??????? Sweet, easy-going, lovable moi?  (Uh-oh, I hear snickering in the background, just as I do at work or from Iron Man when I try that schtick.)  Drat!

But then, if being the GK gives Max a reason to check the forum and let us know how he's doing, I'll bear the denigration with as much grace as I can.

Tess, you and Bethany are my back-up.  If we don't hear from Max you may have to do a drive-about, especially if the special pre-wrinkled ninja stealth suit is in the cleaners.

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Tess (Tassie D)

Quote from: glennab on November 16, 2008, 11:31:49 AM

Tess, you and Bethany are my back-up.  If we don't hear from Max you may have to do a drive-about, especially if the special pre-wrinkled ninja stealth suit is in the cleaners.

GK

Yep we could do that Glenna, its only 1255 miles from here.  :funny:
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]