• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Baby Blanket

Started by Toni, October 21, 2008, 02:03:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toni

This is my first post - I've had a hard time finding directions on posting to the forum and including an image.  It will be familiar in time.  We'll see if this link below does the trick to upload the photo to the forum. 

My question is about the photo -any ideas on what color the baby blanket could be?  I don't know if the brown/black is mold or if the studio used a very dark blanket, which wouldn't be my first guess.   

If the image doesn't show up, will someone please point me to instructions?  I joined Photobucket and cut and pasted this link into the message.

Thanks foryour advice. It's fun to see all the wonderful restorations that are being done.

glennab

Hi Toni and welcome to OPR from Florida!

If you're signed up with photobucket and have a password established, all you have to do is sign in, go to your gallery, browse your computer (they have good, succinct instructions), upload the image then click on the LAST html address on this list below the image.  It automatically copies, and then you can paste the address in your post.  The image will show once you actually post your message.  Meantime, you'll see the address only. Good luck, and I'm really glad you've joined our wonderful community.  Our newbies so enrich OPR!  And thanks to NAPP, we have quite a few impressive new members.  Look forward to seeing you regularly on the forum.

GK

P.S. I love your avatar.  Looks like some of the members of my household.  I have 12 rescued cats, 4 of whom resemble your kitty.  Be sure to post him/her in our pets gallery.  We do love our critters!
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Tess (Tassie D)

Hi Toni, welcome to OPR.

To get your image to show up you first need to check that your photobucket account is set to public. Check by clicking on account options as shown below.

When you have uploaded a photo you need to left click on the 4th link down as shown and right click/paste it into your reply. Your photo should show up then.

Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Toni

OK, trying again.  Yeay!  it works!  Thanks so much!

Back to the original question about the blanket.  (The bottom of the shoe has been repaired-it was in the same shape as rest of the lower part of the body.)  It is hard to see any other color in the blanket besides brown/black although in the middle of the bottom edge there is a suggestion of blue/grey. I'm open to suggestions of where else or how to look for color to restore it to the original.

kiska

If a blanket it doesn't appear bunched up anywhere. Maybe it's just a tabletop?

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

lurch

Or it could be a piece of dark rug . . .
<C>

Toni

I appreciate your ideas.  I guess the blanket could be most anything. Even a dark bearskin rug. I made the assumption that this was a studio shot because of the 8x10 size and the studio-like background. However it could have been shot in a home with a plain wall as a background. 

I'll have plenty to work on before deciding how to handle the "blanket."

Mhayes

Toni, I'm going with you that this looks like a studio shot, because of the background. I like the idea of the blue/gray carpet that baby would be sitting on, although you don't really much to go on. Look forward to see how you come out on this one.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]